• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Announcing the Official AlpineZone iPhone / iPad App

Savemeasammy

Aren't the ads determined by your searches?

I'm bummed. I have yet to be asked to find naughty buddies...

More on topic, I use AZ through tapatalk. The AZ app crashes on my phone (iPhone 4s). Not sure if it's a 4s issue, or maybe just my individual phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edd

Someone brought this up in a different thread and at the time I didn't think much of it. He was asking how to make the app stop resetting itself when you leave it.

For example, I just typed out a good chunk of a TR on my iPhone. I left the app to refer to a trail map on Safari. I go back to the AZ app and, poof, the app restarts and the TR, with pics, is gone. I'd only left the app for 1 minute.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Thanks for the notes. I'll report them to the developer.

Regarding the ads, there should be ads in both versions, normally a 300x50 ad like you saw. That content isn't really appropriate though. I'll see why that's showing up.

I was contemplating a paid version of the app without ads but not sure yet on that. Depends on feedback, i suppose.

I will try to review this soon, if you guys have crashes please let me know.

Savemeasammy

Like I mentioned, mine crashes all the time, so I don't use the app... Until there is some sort of update, I will continue to use AZ via tapatalk...

Savemeasammy

Just installed the new app. It functions just like tapatalk, but has little banner ads amongst the posts...

Guyot

Nicely done. So easy.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone