• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski 3 - WF, Gore, Bell

BenedictGomez

crazy that the three pass is only a little more than $100 more than a belle full season pass

It's only $70 more if you buy it early when the smart shoppers do.

My predictions:

1) Most Bellayre SPH will choose this slightly more expensive 3 in 1 pass option, and this will ironically hurt Bellayre in 2013/14.

2) The price on the 3 in 1 pass option will be increased for 2014/15 and/or the Bellayre only pass price will be decreased.

Both moves will be done in an effort to "protect" Bellayre.

emmaurice2

It's only $70 more if you buy it early when the smart shoppers do.

My predictions:

1) Most Bellayre SPH will choose this slightly more expensive 3 in 1 pass option, and this will ironically hurt Bellayre in 2013/14.

2) The price on the 3 in 1 pass option will be increased for 2014/15 and/or the Bellayre only pass price will be decreased.

Both moves will be done in an effort to "protect" Bellayre.

Wow, good thing I'm not a mathmetician or an accountant. :oops:

JimG.

Staff member
This is good news! Now I will have a month or so to plan out what I'm going to do.

They are clearly going after some of Hunter's market...the 3 in 1 pass is priced only about $10 higher than a Hunter only season pass if you buy early.

That's a pretty good deal, one that will be very hard to pass up.

Edit: my bad, the 3 in 1 pass will be $10 LESS than a Hunter only pass if purchased early. WOW!

JimG.

Staff member
You do have a month to decide, but for those who know they want to buy a 3 for 1, if they buy now they can start using it this season...March 10 to the end plus all next season.

So now I have $739 burning a hole in my pocket. Planning to visit my son at RIT next month, maybe hit WF on the way home...decisions, decisions!

x10003q

So now I have $739 burning a hole in my pocket. Planning to visit my son at RIT next month, maybe hit WF on the way home...decisions, decisions!

WF is not exactly on the way home for you, is it?

This pass is a huge deal for Belleayre skiers.

JimG.

Staff member
WF is not exactly on the way home for you, is it?

This pass is a huge deal for Belleayre skiers.

No, it is not.

Holiday Valley and Bristol are the local hills there.

But for next season, WF is about the same distance as Killington is for me. Gore is closer.

My quandry is sacrificing Hunter's terrain and skiing Belleayre instead; the trade off is the availability of WF and Gore.

JimG.

Staff member
You'll miss it.. Not a good idea...

No argument...I would have pulled the trigger already but for this.

I don't dislike Belleayre, but I wouldn't be able to ski there more than 2 weekends a month.

Still looking at other expenses that would be involved too.

4aprice

You'll miss it.. Not a good idea...

I would certainly take Hunter over Belleayre, but the option of 2 other mountains would be much more interesting. I like this trend of multi mountain passes as we see here and in NH. Maybe Hunter should be looking to team up with others. Put together 3 or 4 good Mts and I would certainly be interested.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

ScottySkis

I would certainly take Hunter over Belleayre, but the option of 2 other mountains would be much more interesting. I like this trend of multi mountain passes as we see here and in NH. Maybe Hunter should be looking to team up with others. Put together 3 or 4 good Mts and I would certainly be interested.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Hunter/ platty pass combo would be awesome.

ScottySkis

I forgot my price chopper pass book has a $50 off coupon for Gore for purchase of a season pass for next year. I believe it has to be purchased in March , maybe at Gore. I am not going to use so first person to let me know they want it, and I will mail it out.