• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jay - 3/1/2013

SKI-3PO

Skied Jay by myself today. Top half was pretty fogged in all day. Started a little late (on the snow by 9:30, I think) after a long drive to Burlington last night and then the rest of the way to Jay this morning - was a bit low on energy early. Did a warmup off Bonnie. Couldn't see much but the groomers were just about perfect, so it wasn't much of an issue. Moved over to the Jet for awhile. Did the mogul run skiers right of chair. They were getting large and I wasn't quite ready for that yet. Next run was trees far skiers right. Tree runs are in great shape coverage-wise, but slightly to very bumped up all over the mountain. (I was only on mapped trees). Didn't ski that much better, so decided to lap Jet a few times. Eventually got back in the trees down low to try and get my timing down. Back up Bonnie to head Tram side for a pizza lunch. After lunch did several runs in the Beaver pond area which I started to ski better than the morning. Also got into Expo glade and another that headed back to Stateside. Sorry I'm not more familiar with the names. In the afternoon, the fog was really icing my goggles, but again the snow on the groomers was so consistent it didn't, matter there. It did make it important for me to pay close attention on a lightly bumped JFK which was fun. Finished up with a run off the Bonnie partially under the lift then the trees to the right.

Tomorrow, Burke...