• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Crotched 3-1

jack97

Spent most of the day skiing Crotched, condition was hard snow in the morning but soften up as the temps warmed up. Spent most of the time lapping soltice glades and the bumps at jupitor storm. This trail had the soft and well form bumps after the mid week wet snow. Other bumps trails were frozen crud. In addition, I hooked up with Josh Segal for a couple of runs. He's a poster over at snow journal, cool guy with alot of character. Here's some pics, place was over cast all day, it kind of hard to see the contours of the bumps.

Jupitor Storm, mid area looking down
mid1_jupitor_storm03012013.jpg

Jupitor Storm, mid area looking up
mid_jupitor_storm03012013.jpg

Jupitor Storm, next to the old T bar
t_bar_top_jupitor_storm03012013.jpg

Last edited:

jack97

You were very generous with your remarks. See my TR on Ragged.

Crotched had four bump trails. I tried the first three bump trails and was dissappointed, then I went to jupitor storm and did find them to have nice shape, no cliffs or frozen cement. They were soft. Soltice glade was hard snow but very little frozen cement, I had a blast any way. Must have skied from 9:45 am till 3:00 pm, would have left sooner if I didn't tried the bumps over at the new area.