• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Magic 3-1-2013

Bostonian

Date(s) Skied: 3/1/2013
Resort or Ski Area:
Magic, Londonderry, VT
Conditions:
Wet Packed Snow, Groomed and Ungroomed
Trip Report:

This was the first time I had ever visited Magic, and boy am I glad I did! Magic has a certain vibe that has made me an immediate fan of the hill. Only a couple of hours from my house, I will certainly visiting it again when there is a pow day. Basically, I had skied, Wizard on the west side once, which kicked my ass. The snow was heavy and wet, and just made it very challenging on the ungroomed stuff. As a result, kept to the east side which was groomed for the rest of the day. I also had the pleasure of meeting up with Reefer by chance while riding up the Red Lift together. All in all, what a great day out it was out on the snow! Hope to make it back soon!

Some pics:

Wizard?

se4ane7e.jpg

The Famous Red Chair:
uzyjutuv.jpg

Mystery:
uja2ypy7.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Hado226

My son and I were up there all day yesterday as well. Tough snow in the un-groomed. Cut up wet Thursday, frozen overnight, not enough skiers to break it up until late in the day. Talk about earning your turns!

reefer

Nice meeting you Bostonian. Ditto on the snow...just when you thought you skied it all.....
I can only describe it as brick snow.... about 3-4 inch thick of some frozen conconction with some nice soft powder under it. The type you could "cut" a brick out of to make your snow fort. Great for the cooler. Because there were a few of us saps around, Talisman, Wizard, Hans, Goniff, Trick, and Vertigo became skiable over time. When you blendid this shit together it was actually pretty nice. Very tough day skiing!