• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

3/6-3/7 storm?

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
From NWS FB page:

• Judith Levinson Weader Very hard to tell you a total from our house in Sharon. A good inch of what I shoveled yesterday afternoon was wet snow that packed into slush!
    5 hours ago

• Laural Charland I live in Western Ma. We only got an inch of snow in Leeds. Which is in the Northampton area.
    4 hours ago ·

• Rich Brody 6.5 inches in Columbia, CT. 29.6° with heavy snow falling at 650 feet elevation
    3 hours ago via mobile · Like

Bob Kristopher 8 to 9 inches in Ware, MA and still snowing.
    3 hours ago · Like

Christian Lyon 13.5" in Vernon, CT
    3 hours ago via mobile · Like

Stunner Filgerleski At 8: 00 am ...9 inches of light powdery snow in Hardwick Ma. a

Pennington Geis 1.75" accumulation in Leeds, Northampton, MA (01053) at 9:38a. Still a light and steady snow. Elevation 400'.
    about an hour ago · Edited · Like

Brian Vella 17" 0f snow Stafford, Ct, 875' elevation
    36 minutes ago · Like

Mary Mattila Cooper 11" in Hudson NH (near Londonderry / Windham lines)
    about a minute ago via mo

ScottySkis

Enjoy Scotty and a big time Happy Birthday Cheers to you man! :beer:

Thanks Winn, hope you get out their. I be happy to hear from others for the great trip reports from today, and will make a go at it Sat. and Sun. at Platty with Cornhead and maybe some other A zoners. Are you skiing this weekend?:beer::beer::beer::daffy::daffy::spread::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow:

mlctvt

Wet heavy snow in Essex, CT about 7 to 8 inches so far, it's still coming down strong. 70% of the town has no power including me.
Trees and branches are going down all around. With this storm and the 30+ inches from the last storm we've lost more trees this year than the last 20 years combined.

with this weekend forecasted to be close to 50 degrees it will just be a sloppy mess around here.

Abominable

Right on, might have made the wrong call when I chose BEast over Platty/Windham for the weekend, but you can't complain about snow either way. I'll keep an eye out for end of day reports. Thanks.

ScottySkis

Platty looks sick
482597_10151545516907363_780855557_n.jpg

ScottySkis

Platty Saturday it is then, here I come!
Hope to ski with you to I be their both days of the weekend to, another great pic from you all know were wishing I was their now but soon I will be, again anyone their now enjoy and remember these great powder days do not come like they use to.
59784_10151545404522363_106597968_n.jpg

Abominable

Seems like Cats got hammered, and the coast got hammered, but the Berks are 'only' reporting 6 - 9 or somewhere thereabouts.

Cornhead

Lots of people heading to Platty tomorrow...
Maybe I will too...
Do it, Scotty, abc, Marcski and his boy, and I will be there. I tried to PM you, but I'm not allowed. Look for a little man with a helmet and red pants, that'd be Scotty, I may, or may not be with him. It's a lot harder to lose me at Platty than Gore! :wink:

dmw

I just came from Wachusett, may be the ski area jackpot for this one. Hard to say how much, but there is A LOT of snow there right now. This morning (and yesterday afternoon / evening) were awesome.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Nothing up here in the Lakes Region. Actually, it was very pleasant outside today. Seemed like the snow was melting quite a bit. Currently 42*. Meanwhile, metro Boston is over a foot, some places approaching two feet. These types of storms are very frustrating. Tons of metro skiers are going to get excited and head north to areas that got 0" in the past 48 hours. Awesome. I can deal with seeing this once or twice a season. But man, there have been so many of these SoNE coastals this year.

Platty is over 5 hours. Would love to ski there but it just isn't in the cards on short notice. Happy for all of you Catskills skiers. Go get it!!

:beer: