• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

3/6-3/7 storm?

WinnChill

Winn, yesterday both Henry Margurity of Accuweather and Lionel Hutz of FIS mentioned the storm being sucked NW by a low coming out of Canada, resulting in extended snow for the ADK into Fri? Do you see that happening?

Was typing at the same time...

WinnChill

Winn, yesterday both Henry Margurity of Accuweather and Lionel Hutz of FIS mentioned the storm being sucked NW by a low coming out of Canada, resulting in extended snow for the ADK into Fri? Do you see that happening?

I kinda doubt it. That secondary disturbance is fairly weak and dont' think it would be enough to draw it back in--probably enough upper level divergence for some light snow activity for Cats/Ads but that's about it. I know with what happened with Sandy being drawn in is a consideration but it's a different setup than that.

ScottySkis

Ah, how original. The forecast changes and then the meteorologist bashing begins. This is a thread to discuss the storm---and some of us go out of our way to help you all find the best powder possible. If the sexist, degrading, trolling/flaming is your thing, and cannot post something to further the discussion about the storm, then perhaps this thread/forum isn't for you. There certainly seems to be a little too much of that going on lately.

You Winn are always appreciated my me. Up last week this storm wasn't even supposed to hit us now it is and I'm happy for that and for getting great prediction from Winnchill for years now.:thumbup::):):thumbup::thumbup:

WinnChill

You Winn are always appreciated my me. Up last week this storm wasn't even supposed to hit us now it is and I'm happy for that and for getting great prediction from Winnchill for years now.:thumbup::):):thumbup::thumbup:

Thanks Scotty--it's not even about me. It's just getting so old with the degrading remarks. I mean, enough already.

octopus

winnchill, i do appreciate you coming on here and answering questions. i also regularly go to your site and also have your app on my phone. i just find it amusing that when i watch TV, the forecasts are constantly changing and usually wrong. i, like many others on here. are trying to make plans to hit the most powder when it comes this way, its just frustrating trying to guess where to go. i realize its not an exact science, though.

BenedictGomez

Once again, NJ gets bypassed on the goods. Has happened not figuratively, but literally with every storm this winter. :sadwalk:

SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT: As of 4:00pm this afternoon, we are pulling the plug on any appreciable snow accumulations for our entire coverage area. There may be some coatings to an inch of slushy accumulation this evening at the tail end, best chances for that is the farther SE you go in SE PA and central/southern NJ. This was an extremely difficult storm 2 forecast, and we are not going to sugar coat it in any way. We failed, bottom line. Not just this site, but the meteorological community as a whole. We mentioned the past few days that there was a very fine line between epic and epic fail with this storm, and epic fail prevailed.

hammer

Ah, how original. The forecast changes and then the meteorologist bashing begins. This is a thread to discuss the storm---and some of us go out of our way to help you all find the best powder possible. If the sexist, degrading, trolling/flaming is your thing, and cannot post something to further the discussion about the storm, then perhaps this thread/forum isn't for you. There certainly seems to be a little too much of that going on lately.

The problem I see is that there are real predictions and there are hyped predictions...and unfortunately in this Internet age we have access to both kinds, as well as endless banter on other message boards etc. that for all we know could be written by a bunch of 16YO wannabe meteorologists. Anyone with some kind of technical or scientific background can do their homework and assess the info available, but the average person who has a harder time filtering ends up running to the store for French Toast supplies that will go bad before they are consumed.

We weren't really expecting decent snow out of this to begin with. As we mentioned in our forecast discussions, the upper level winds just did not favor this storm curling into us for big snow through VT/NH/ME. If anyone, MA/CT is (and has been) in the most favorable position to score something. The secondary disturbance that sneaks in from the west may deliver some light accumulations for the Cats/Ads, but aside from that this was not expected to be a big delivery of snow.

Thanks for the credible input.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Then you may want to consider Maria Molina.

maria-molina-nice+breast+big+tits+sexy+b.jpg
WTF is with her eye brows. I found weather ladies that try to hard to look good on camera a distraction. I don't enjoy watching forecasts with women trying to hard in the looks department. Not saying I don't enjoy a good looking lady :) but there is a difference between looking good and trying to hard... are you delivering the weather or looking for a runway?

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
WTF is with her eye brows. I found weather ladies that try to hard to look good on camera a distraction. I don't enjoy watching forecasts with women trying to hard in the looks department. Not saying I don't enjoy a good looking lady :) but there is a difference between looking good and trying to hard... are you delivering the weather or looking for a runway?

I think she's on tv less for the eyebrows and more for other parts of her anatomy.

midd

she has eyebrows?

ScottySkis

Maybe Fox News makes her were the ugly make up.

BenedictGomez

Didn't MC pick up over a foot in that storm a few weeks back?

I think they got 11 or 12 inches from the big storm in early February, but that's only about 5 miles from the NY border, and that northeast quadrant was the only part of Jersey that did really well. Most of Jersey only got 2" to 5" from that thing, whereas we were predicted to receive 8" to 16" (and more in some places). MC itself, for instance, was predicted to get way more than what they got.

And the Poconos (which always gets screwed) got 5" instead of a foot or more! The Pocono is like Charlie Brown, and snowstorms are Lucy with the football.

ScottySkis

I think they got 11 or 12 inches from the big storm in early February, but that's only about 5 miles from the NY border, and that northeast quadrant was the only part of Jersey that did really well. Most of Jersey only got 2" to 5" from that thing, whereas we were predicted to receive 8" to 16" (and more in some places). MC itself, for instance, was predicted to get way more than what they got.

And the Poconos (which always gets screwed) got 5" instead of a foot or more! The Pocono is like Charlie Brown, and snowstorms are Lucy with the football.
Up that is what happened. I didn't go in to work that day because of the predicated snow fall was way way off, but it happens. Just no more personal time at work for me to use unto April,.

octopus

watching the weather channel right now , they keep saying, and i quote "tough call for boston". so..... wtf does that mean? why is everyone so confused?

drjeff

If she's talking about snow, for some reason i'm likely going to be thinking about skiing through some BIG moguls! ;-)

octopus

ok. so for morning local weather i prefer jc monahan, used to be dylan dreyer but she went national.