• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

3/6-3/7 storm?

drjeff

Yahgoo Valley must be stoked too.

Yawgoo, based on where it's located will likely just get a couple of inches of "goo" out of this one!! Not nearly enough elevation, latitude or longitude for them to jackpot from Storm Saturn :eek:

Cornhead

Hey abc, where are you skiing this weekend? Scotty will be at Platty Saturday and Sunday, I'll be there Sunday, give me a holler if you're there. TWC is calling for next to nothing for Roxbury, NOAA is saying up to 7" through Friday, hope they're right, should be a little more on the mountain.

ScottySkis

Hey abc, where are you skiing this weekend? Scotty will be at Platty Saturday and Sunday, I'll be there Sunday, give me a holler if you're there. TWC is calling for next to nothing for Roxbury, NOAA is saying up to 7" through Friday, hope they're right, should be a little more on the mountain.
Enjoy Friday powder day a head. :thumbup::thumbup::)

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Ah, how original. The forecast changes and then the meteorologist bashing begins. This is a thread to discuss the storm---and some of us go out of our way to help you all find the best powder possible. If the sexist, degrading, trolling/flaming is your thing, and cannot post something to further the discussion about the storm, then perhaps this thread/forum isn't for you. There certainly seems to be a little too much of that going on lately.

+1. Now let's get back to the snow show

Cannonball

Some possible good news. In terms of the myriad of weather wonks, I have to say this guy is very, very knowledgeable.

gggggggggggggggggggggggtc.jpg

Well, let's hope that he's right and that.....

it would take all the models being about as wrong as humanly possible for this to be a ski country storm now.

Here's to stupid models!

abc

Hey abc, where are you skiing this weekend? Scotty will be at Platty Saturday and Sunday, I'll be there Sunday, give me a holler if you're there.
I'll probably try to hit Platty at least one day. More likely Saturday. Will know tomorrow.

If I remember right, the Price Chopper deal is still going? And I did manage to get one last time so I'll hit the same store again, hopefully not as much hassle this time around...

BenedictGomez

At reststop in Cats on way to n.VT. Its absolutely dumping snow right now. Think this will overperform estimates.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Some possible good news. In terms of the myriad of weather wonks, I have to say this guy is very, very knowledgeable.
Obviously he is not used to forecasting New England. Last night, Matt Noyes was calling for 2" for my neck of the woods and he still has 8=12" lolol. So far, in the past 24 hours, we've had two bursts of snow with essentially no accumulation.

octopus

now i'm being told that boston will get 8 to 12" thru saturday. this is actually looking better for the mtns
'

abc

Have some great powder days tomorrow, hope your going to small hill so powder runs all day for you ,my birthday present, lol.:):):):):thumbup::thumbup::cool::cool::cool:
Usually, the birthday boy receives present. This one gives out presents! You're the best, Scotty!

Happy Birthday!!! :D:D:D

Cornhead

I'll probably try to hit Platty at least one day. More likely Saturday. Will know tomorrow.

If I remember right, the Price Chopper deal is still going? And I did manage to get one last time so I'll hit the same store again, hopefully not as much hassle this time around...

Saturday should be awesome, bluebird and 40, was the last I saw. Scotty and I both wish we could be there tomorrow, but we both must work. Could be an incredible day at Platty tomorrow , as long as the snow isn't ultra heavy.

Happy Birthday Scotty, shame you can't have a Powbirthday at Platty, should be sweet this weekend nonetheless. :smile:

BenedictGomez

Sugarbush Scotty. Then Jay Peak Saturday.

About 20 miles north of Albany now, poisoning myself with Burger King. Still dumping.

BenedictGomez

Just getting a chance to look at the radar and holy crap is it filled or what.
Like a giant shield across the northeast. Sadly for me, it stops just before Sugarbush. Tomorrow is definitely a s.VT day if you can ski anywhere. Cats are going to do very well from this too, as A) it is crawling like a baby, B) its well west of where it was predicted to stop. Good for mighty Platty!

Bene288

Sugarbush Scotty. Then Jay Peak Saturday.

About 20 miles north of Albany now, poisoning myself with Burger King. Still dumping.

You should have picked me up!

There is about 2.5 - 3" on my stack of pine outside. Pretty heavy snow, too.