• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

3/6-3/7 storm?

WinnChill

Have some great powder days tomorrow, hope your going to small hill so powder runs all day for you ,my birthday present, lol.:):):):):thumbup::thumbup::cool::cool::cool:

Enjoy Scotty and a big time Happy Birthday Cheers to you man! :beer:

ScottySkis

From Platty webpage on Facebook, 8-10 inches of Champagne powder!!!! I so jealous of people up their, I need to hear fantastic trip reports and save some for me please!:):thumbup::thumbup:

Bene288

Well obviously the Cats have gotten slammed.. Belleayre will be mobbed Saturday with new snow. I may go to Plattekill and show you some glades I found. They're all over the place.

ScottySkis

Well obviously the Cats have gotten slammed.. Belleayre will be mobbed Saturday with new snow. I may go to Plattekill and show you some glades I found. They're all over the place.

Awesome lets do that for sure. I send a pm with my info latter. You need discount to platty, you know about their price chopper tickets hopefully issue is working now, only30$ to ski platty or 3 other hills, good to the end of the season.
And Sunday they have flex tickets through Potterbrothers stores and for same price as Price chopper deals? How was the hotel you stayed at last weekend, was it close to platty and how was the price I thinking of staying in cheap hotel on Saturday.

Bene288

Awesome lets do that for sure. I send a pm with my info latter. You need discount to platty, you know about their price chopper tickets hopefully issue is working now, only30$ to ski platty or 3 other hills, good to the end of the season.

Is that the one that they print out of the coupon machine?

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
There is about 5" in the lexington and andover assachussets flatlands. It is a medium moisture content. Fortunately for me, schools have a delayed opening of 1-2 hours, which kept a lot of snow beginners off the road. Now it's time to checkout resorts
magic says 4-6". WOW!
Mt. snow 6-8
Okemo 6
Bromley 2
Stratton 5

Souther VT wins

What a cutoff

ScottySkis

Is that the one that they print out of the coupon machine?

No you go to their cash register and their supposed to sell the tickets like bread or milk, but first time for people had issues with it. Hopefully it is working now, you take voucher I guess to platty window and then they give you ski lift ticket.

Bumpsis

I'm about 3 miles from the Blue Hills Ski area. My backyard has about 12-14 inches of fresh. They must at leasst that if not more.
Heavy on the bottom (from last night) and a good protion of this is fairly light powder. If it weren't for the "must do" commitmenets, I'd ski there this morning. Yeah, it's only, what, 500 ft vertical, but in powder, this is actually great fun.

Cornhead

I'm about 3 miles from the Blue Hills Ski area. My backyard has about 12-14 inches of fresh. They must at leasst that if not more.
Heavy on the bottom (from last night) and a good protion of this is fairly light powder. If it weren't for the "must do" commitmenets, I'd ski there this morning. Yeah, it's only, what, 500 ft vertical, but in powder, this is actually great fun.

Yes 500ft with fresh snow does not suck, one of my best days this year was little Snow Ridge about a month ago with a foot-o-fresh.:smile: Platty's claiming 8-10", I'm going to work my Saturday shift tonight so I can ski there tomorrow.

hammer

Think we are up to 8" or more here near Nashua NH and it's still coming down. Snow consistency isn't too bad, was pretty easy to brush it off the roof of the camper. Powder day at Nashoba...

Bene288

Just shows how unpredictable weather is. All I had been hearing is "light accumulation" for the Catskills and light or rain for the Capital Region. Well Belleayre and Platty have 12" and I have about 7" in Albany and still snowing hard. I'm sitting this one out, ladies and gentlemen. I hope you all have fun out there today and tomorrow, I may be lucky to get somewhere Sunday.

Cannonball

The only useful information that may be drawn from this, is the fact that The Weather Channel is being as hyperbolic and intentionaly misleading as usual, to drum up hysteria and television ratings.

88341010152672876245122.jpg

Hmmmm, you might owe TWC an apology letter.

ScottySkis

Just shows how unpredictable weather is. All I had been hearing is "light accumulation" for the Catskills and light or rain for the Capital Region. Well Belleayre and Platty have 12" and I have about 7" in Albany and still snowing hard. I'm sitting this one out, ladies and gentlemen. I hope you all have fun out there today and tomorrow, I may be lucky to get somewhere Sunday.

Roxbury tomorrow and Sunday why not?