• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Saddleback - 3/2/13 They are Buried in Snow Edition

salsgang

Date(s) Skied: March 2, 2013

Resort or Ski Area: Saddleback

Conditions: Powder / Packed Powder

Trip Report: Saddleback is BURIED. They got a legit 2 feet in the past week. Foot and a half of dense snow, followed by 6 inches of lighter stuff. Just about perfect. Woods are absolutely buried. Casa #4 was the only one showing a bit of stumpage to pick around. Everything else was spot-on. A really, really good day. Gotta love skiing in Maine.

As you can see by this pic from the Dark Wizard glade, there is loads of snow.

AlecDarkWizard.jpg

More pics, words and a quick video on my blog.

http://www.maineskifamily.com/2013/03/ski-trip-report-saddleback-maine-march.html

salsgang

I read your blog. I hope winter skiing lasts at least a couple more weeks up there. Thank you. Makes me think I should get there this week.

NWS Saddleback point weather forecast looks great for this week. I recommend making a GO decision.

Monday: Snow showers likely, mainly after 9am. Cloudy, with a high near 30. Northwest wind 14 to 17 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.

Monday Night: A 50 percent chance of snow showers before 1am. Cloudy, with a low around 20. North wind 14 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 34 mph.

Tuesday: A chance of snow showers between 10am and 2pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 29. North wind 13 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Tuesday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 17.

Wednesday: Partly sunny, with a high near 27.

Wednesday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 13.

Thursday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 26.

Thursday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 16.

Friday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 32.

Friday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 18.

Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 26.