• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Magic Mountain 3/2/13

reefer

Glad I stayed for Saturday! Great Day at Magic today. Had the pleasure of skiing with WWF-VT pretty much all day! Tons of great skiers and plenty of punk asses from the Freeride Tour around to “groom” the hill. Every trail turned into soft bump bliss! Black and Red were both running making for non-existent lift-lines for the most part. Never hit the woods. I didn’t see anyone in them. Breaking up that shit with trees in your face wasn’t happening. I should note the groomer must have been out all night. Excellent job taking care of most of the East side, Wizard,Talisman, Broomstick, and some paths here and there on Black in the West. I believe this was a great day for Magic. The many people from other hills, many first timers, had a great experience at Magic today! There is a great base everywhere on the hill. Go get it, Magic is skiing real good right now.

Wasn’t in the photo mood but I got a couple:
Goniff and Twilight were highlights…..

A couple of the course on Black Magic:

makimono

So nice! I finally got up there today, conditions are mid-winter awesome. Skied powduroy in the morning and lapped Master Magician to Black Line all afternoon, my knees are destroyed.

WWF-VT

It was a great day at Magic on Saturday and thanks reefer for the tour. I had heard a lot of good things about Magic and know that there is a lot of passion and enthusiasm for the mountain both here and on the TGR forums so I was glad to finally get to ski there.

I have to say that I was really impressed with the terrain and challenge at Magic. Thanks to the mid-week snow storm the groomers were smooth and skied really well. Once the temps warmed up and the natural snow/ bumps trails had gotten more traffic it was awesome. I really liked Goniff Glade, Twilight Zone, Slight of Hans, Sorcerer and the apparently not often groomed Talisman.

I was there with my son and the Sugarbush Freestyle team for the STEFT event. They ripped all over the mountain and had a great day too. The only downside to the day was my $152 speeding ticket in Plymouth, VT and the fact that my son lost a ski on one of the rock jumps and DQ’d.

I usually ski at Sugarbush and other mountains in Northern VT and think of typical ski areas in Southern VT as flat, boring and groomed to death. Magic is the extreme opposite and I recommend that anyone who enjoys a real skiers’ mountain to make sure that you get there soon.