Teleboard at MRG: Possible?

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 54
  1. #1

    Teleboard at MRG: Possible?

    Hey!



    I'm a boarder... and telemarker... and sometimes (read once every few season), i'm a skier as well. I've never been to MRG because they don't allow single-plank-sideways-mode of alpine sport that i enjoy the most.

    Now here's a geeky question: would they allow a tele-board to ride the trails?

    A teleboard is a monoski... with tele bindings... mounted sort of inline... boots are tele... bindings are tele...

    So, would it be allowed at MRG... even if it's only one board?

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJay View Post
    Hey!

    I'm a boarder... and telemarker... and sometimes (read once every few season), i'm a skier as well. I've never been to MRG because they don't allow single-plank-sideways-mode of alpine sport that i enjoy the most.

    Now here's a geeky question: would they allow a tele-board to ride the trails?

    A teleboard is a monoski... with tele bindings... mounted sort of inline... boots are tele... bindings are tele...

    So, would it be allowed at MRG... even if it's only one board?
    From one Zone to the other Zone, similar forums in different languages. A simple question in one forum becomes a thread in the other.

    That being said, I don't know. If it was my call to see if it would comply, I don't know what I would do?
    Last edited by MadPatSki; Mar 4, 2013 at 4:00 PM.
    Ski Mad World
    A blog of MadPat's World: A History of Skiing Geography

  3. #3
    Good question. I'd bet it would be OK. I feel like they draw the line pretty succinctly at snowboard.
    Free Stickers - e-mail your address to nick@alpinezone.com.

    Check AZ out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo and Google+

    Get AZ on your mobile phone!

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by MadPatSki View Post
    From one Zone to the other Zone, similar forums in different languages. A simple question in one forum becomes a thread in the other.
    The other Zone doesn't offer much discussion... or doesn't allow for much thinking...

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Good question. I'd bet it would be OK. I feel like they draw the line pretty succinctly at snowboard.
    Alright then... how about hardboots (alpine) snowboarders with poles? They have very narrow boards... and have basically ski boots. They could carry pôles...

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJay View Post
    The other Zone doesn't offer much discussion... or doesn't allow for much thinking...
    A place where you have to conform or be cast out (sounds like a certain Rush song). Helmets, safety bars, modern lifts, nothing too controversial, etc.

    music edit:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lu9Ycq64Gy4
    Ski Mad World
    A blog of MadPat's World: A History of Skiing Geography

  6. #6
    Abubob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Alexandria, NH
    Posts
    3,002
    I really don't see the point of Teleboarding. It doesn't seem to serve any function other than to be different. It's form without substance IMHO.
    "Happiness equals reality minus expectations." Tommy Magliozzi

  7. #7
    As far as I know, teleboards aren't allowed at MRG. I agree that they're kind of pointless, but you could make the same argument about tele I suppose.

  8. #8

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by David Metsky View Post
    As far as I know, teleboards aren't allowed at MRG. I agree that they're kind of pointless, but you could make the same argument about tele I suppose.
    Here's my take: i find alpine skiing pretty boring. That is my opinion. My partner is a skier. She rips on two planks. She doesn't like snowboarding too much... But we both tele Nd really enjoy it. Here favorite winter sport isn't better then mine.

    So, "pointless" or not, would MRG allow Teleboarding? Kind of like monoski isn't it?

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJay View Post
    Here's my take: i find alpine skiing pretty boring. That is my opinion. My partner is a skier. She rips on two planks. She doesn't like snowboarding too much... But we both tele Nd really enjoy it. Here favorite winter sport isn't better then mine.

    So, "pointless" or not, would MRG allow Teleboarding? Kind of like monoski isn't it?
    no they do not allow teleboarding.. key word is "boarding"...

    It's a snowboard with free heels... And I agree... It's weird... haha

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 9:22 AM.