Teleboard at MRG: Possible? - Page 4

AlpineZone

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SIKSKIER View Post
    That raises another question that wasn't answered by MrMRG.What about 3 of "them"?1 ski and 2 outriggers.The pr hit would not be good if an amputee in this setup or Cannonballs situation were denied.
    I'm really interested in this response as my closest friend is a sit skier. I think this would a be pretty touchy subject for them. I'm sure if they didn't allow it they'd pull the whole "won't fit on the single chair" card. But I know for a fact that a good sit skier with two outriggers and one ski under the chair can get him or herself on a double chair. Do they allow a mono ski? A single leg amputee wearing one ski and using two poles?

Kind of concerned about this. I never thought about it. I don't agree with the snowboarding ban because there is no need for it, but they're going to hide behind their "snow preservation" excuse and no one can really do anything about it because a boarder can learn to ski then go to MRG. But not allowing a person because of disability is not right.

A buddy of mine sit skis too..
    I'll ask him about it this Saturday when I see him..

Quote Originally Posted by dmc View Post
    A buddy of mine sit skis too..
    I'll ask him about it this Saturday when I see him..
    Look like fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    Look like fun.
    I have another closer friend learning it now...

they are having fun..

Quote Originally Posted by dmc View Post
    I have another closer friend learning it now...

they are having fun..
    Is it hard to learn?

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    Is it hard to learn?
    I bet it's pretty hard, I'm sure it takes many more hours to learn than regular skiing and snowboarding. The balance alone is just insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Bene288 View Post
    I bet it's pretty hard, I'm sure it takes many more hours to learn than regular skiing and snowboarding. The balance alone is just insane.
    Oh that work I stay with what I know.

Quote Originally Posted by SIKSKIER View Post
    That raises another question that wasn't answered by MrMRG.What about 3 of "them"?1 ski and 2 outriggers.The pr hit would not be good if an amputee in this setup or Cannonballs situation were denied.
    I saw an amputee skier with outrigger poles in line on the Single this past weekend. He ripped.

Quote Originally Posted by David Metsky View Post
    I saw an amputee skier with outrigger poles in line on the Single this past weekend. He ripped.
    Sweet! And he didn't even derail the single? Hopefully MRG's Marketing Director did give the guy the boot for not having "two of them".

I'm going to go home an watch the Burton extra where a bunch of pros poached the 4 (at the time, now 3 I think) no-snowboards-allowed resorts. So funny.

Thread Information