• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Teleboard at MRG: Possible?

BigJay

Hey!

I'm a boarder... and telemarker... and sometimes (read once every few season), i'm a skier as well. I've never been to MRG because they don't allow single-plank-sideways-mode of alpine sport that i enjoy the most.

Now here's a geeky question: would they allow a tele-board to ride the trails?

A teleboard is a monoski... with tele bindings... mounted sort of inline... boots are tele... bindings are tele...

So, would it be allowed at MRG... even if it's only one board?

MadPatSki

Website
madpatski.wordpress.com
Hey!

I'm a boarder... and telemarker... and sometimes (read once every few season), i'm a skier as well. I've never been to MRG because they don't allow single-plank-sideways-mode of alpine sport that i enjoy the most.

Now here's a geeky question: would they allow a tele-board to ride the trails?

A teleboard is a monoski... with tele bindings... mounted sort of inline... boots are tele... bindings are tele...

So, would it be allowed at MRG... even if it's only one board?

From one Zone to the other Zone, similar forums in different languages. ;) A simple question in one forum becomes a thread in the other.

That being said, I don't know. If it was my call to see if it would comply, I don't know what I would do?

Last edited:

BigJay

From one Zone to the other Zone, similar forums in different languages. ;) A simple question in one forum becomes a thread in the other.

The other Zone doesn't offer much discussion... or doesn't allow for much thinking...

Good question. I'd bet it would be OK. I feel like they draw the line pretty succinctly at snowboard.

Alright then... how about hardboots (alpine) snowboarders with poles? They have very narrow boards... and have basically ski boots. They could carry pôles...

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
I really don't see the point of Teleboarding. It doesn't seem to serve any function other than to be different. It's form without substance IMHO.

BigJay

As far as I know, teleboards aren't allowed at MRG. I agree that they're kind of pointless, but you could make the same argument about tele I suppose. :)

Here's my take: i find alpine skiing pretty boring. That is my opinion. My partner is a skier. She rips on two planks. She doesn't like snowboarding too much... But we both tele Nd really enjoy it. Here favorite winter sport isn't better then mine.

So, "pointless" or not, would MRG allow Teleboarding? Kind of like monoski isn't it?

dmc

Here's my take: i find alpine skiing pretty boring. That is my opinion. My partner is a skier. She rips on two planks. She doesn't like snowboarding too much... But we both tele Nd really enjoy it. Here favorite winter sport isn't better then mine.

So, "pointless" or not, would MRG allow Teleboarding? Kind of like monoski isn't it?

no they do not allow teleboarding.. key word is "boarding"...

It's a snowboard with free heels... And I agree... It's weird... haha

BigJay

no they do not allow teleboarding.. key word is "boarding"...

It's a snowboard with free heels... And I agree... It's weird... haha

Since only 5 ppl picked up the sport...Can they change it to monotele just to get in?

dmc

Email them and ask. Teleboarding is certainly much more tele than boarding...

Well... the heels are free - other than that... it's a board..
If you do find out it's allowed.. I'm there..

BigJay

Hmmm, if that's the driver then a splitboard in split mode would be OK?

That's how i see it too... New bindings are popping out these days. Soon, a quick conversion and you're at the top with skis on each foot... quickly bind it back together and enjoy the ride down with everyone else... like everywhere else!

Cannonball

That's how i see it too... New bindings are popping out these days. Soon, a quick conversion and you're at the top with skis on each foot... quickly bind it back together and enjoy the ride down with everyone else... like everywhere else!

Something tells me there is an vague and arbitrary rule that would apply here.....