• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Teleboard at MRG: Possible?

dmc

MRG isn't going to allowed anything that even smells like a snowboard..

this is a moot point

octopus

i can only imagine the douchebag skiers who must love mrg. probably better this way, they have their own mountain to ski in peace without us horrible snowboarders. now where's our private mountain?

dmc

i can only imagine the douchebag skiers who must love mrg. probably better this way, they have their own mountain to ski in peace without us horrible snowboarders. now where's our private mountain?

I can't fault skiers for loving the place - it's awesome... I've skied and tele'd there even though I'm 95% snowboarder...

I'm personally not down with private/segregated anything... Except maybe snowblades... :)

Mr MRG

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Website
www.madriverglen.com
Here's the official word from MRG.
Nope you can't tele-board here!
MRG's policy is that whatever you are on - you need two of them.
Yes to tele, snow blades, etc... No to tele-boards and monoskis
And no we won't allow split boards on the lift either.
Hope that clears things up.

Cannonball

Yup that clears things up. No adaptive program. If you lost a leg you are SOL, you need 2 of them.

dmc

Like I said.. :)

BigJay

So now if i have 2 boards:
http://www.thisiswhyimbroke.com/dual-snowboard

SHould i invest if i want to ride that prestine mountain?

Now, there is 2 of them... I'll put hardboots on it... and will carry poles... cause face it: it's going to be a train wreck!

Now, can i ride the lift with those things attached to my feet? Let's called them: sideways skis.

Pretty please!

SIKSKIER

Yup that clears things up. No adaptive program. If you lost a leg you are SOL, you need 2 of them.
That raises another question that wasn't answered by MrMRG.What about 3 of "them"?1 ski and 2 outriggers.The pr hit would not be good if an amputee in this setup or Cannonballs situation were denied.

Bene288

That raises another question that wasn't answered by MrMRG.What about 3 of "them"?1 ski and 2 outriggers.The pr hit would not be good if an amputee in this setup or Cannonballs situation were denied.

I'm really interested in this response as my closest friend is a sit skier. I think this would a be pretty touchy subject for them. I'm sure if they didn't allow it they'd pull the whole "won't fit on the single chair" card. But I know for a fact that a good sit skier with two outriggers and one ski under the chair can get him or herself on a double chair. Do they allow a mono ski? A single leg amputee wearing one ski and using two poles?

Kind of concerned about this. I never thought about it. I don't agree with the snowboarding ban because there is no need for it, but they're going to hide behind their "snow preservation" excuse and no one can really do anything about it because a boarder can learn to ski then go to MRG. But not allowing a person because of disability is not right.

dmc

A buddy of mine sit skis too..
I'll ask him about it this Saturday when I see him..

C-Rex

I'm going to go home an watch the Burton extra where a bunch of pros poached the 4 (at the time, now 3 I think) no-snowboards-allowed resorts. So funny.