• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Platty 🏂🎿😃 sweet hill in West Cats NY

ScottySkis

Plattekill epic love all time thread
The best hill in Catskills.
I glad I had several years of ski here editing in March of 2022.
I most likely done ski because of HD
Good memories and great friends for life that I meet from az
:thumbup:From Kingston (potterbrothers stores and in Hudson Valleys locations sells discount tickets and flex tickets online to. Several stores, Kingston one on Rte. 28 opens at 8am to selling discount tickets for here and others hills.

Directions
Rte. 28 West the correct direction, see signs for Bell and Platty go approximately 40 minutes stay on 28 West. See Bell coming up happily stay in right lane and smiles, your go 20 minutes to platty( no traffic, stay with in speed limits on this journey. Okay coming to Arkville, pass through smallest town ever. Make right turn ( see small signs for Platty. Go half mike maybe then Rte 30 Platty go right here. Margrtrille is to the left, supermarket in town makes egg,cheese, bacon and roll, at 745am everyday. Follow a few miles to Platty mountain road sign, Make Left here. Go slow first timers. Dirt kind road. Follow for plattty signs still, conme to the fork and take it, .go Left see siign stop at stop sign follow road to the end and you see st the end of the road Platty, park go inside and put stuff on in the lodge, no one will take anything have fun first Times A zoners. Anyone else feel free to please put information here to.

Last edited:

hippiechick

I have a sneaking suspicion this thread is directed towards me, since you've been bugging me to go up there recently... thanks Scotty for thorough and slightly incoherent directions :).

I do have GPS :D

ScottySkis

I have a sneaking suspicion this thread is directed towards me, since you've been bugging me to go up there recently... thanks Scotty for thorough and slightly incoherent directions :).

I do have GPS :D

Well truth be told, I wad just tired of seeing my favorite Catskills hill information be put in to someone else's trip report, for Bell, and your not the only knew person going lol, but I thought of you and others when I came up with this ideas. Have fun tomorrow, dont get a bagel at Platty their not as good as yours. Go to Bar upstairs look at the view.:):):):):cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::)
GPS may or may not get you to Plattekill, ski left side expert and intermediate more natural snow base here. Right side is beginning and blue easier side. Have fun in the powder. Take a run for me. Food in bar is better choice then lodge food.:):)

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!

gmcunni

You coming this weekend? Entire family going on Sat but my oldest has a sleepover Sat night. But its so prime now, I'm going to come back home and do a repeat day trip on Sunday with my little one and I think a buddy may join as well.
possibly. planning a day trip this weekend just waiting for son to chime in as he'll be home from school.

BenedictGomez

First timers, make sure you eat lunch at Platty too, up at the bar on the 3rd level (not at the cafeteria on the 2nd level). For $10 you get a fantastic lunch complete with a side, for the same price that a bag of chips and a dried-up tinfoil wrapped burger costs at most mountains.

Also, for a snack, the brownies at $3.50 are literally the size of about 1/2 a tray of brownies you'd make at home :-o

thanks Scotty for thorough and slightly incoherent directions :).

Be thankful you got the slightly incoherent version.

ScottySkis

First timers, make sure you eat lunch at Platty too, up at the bar on the 3rd level (not at the cafeteria on the 2nd level). For $10 you get a fantastic lunch complete with a side, for the same price that a bag of chips and a dried-up tinfoil wrapped burger costs at most mountains.

Also, for a snack, the brownies at $3.50 are literally the size of about 1/2 a tray of brownies you'd make at home :-o

Be thankful you got the slightly incoherent version.
+100 very delicious brownies.:):):):thumbup:

Abominable

Pricechopper shoppers - 29 dollar tickets, but you have to get someone at the register who knows what they are doing. If they send you to customer service, or if customer service tells you they are out of them, they are incorrect. They have unlimited numbers and just need to ring it up at the register. Frustrating experience at Delhi Pricechopper last weekend.

Liftopia shoppers - sometimes you can get a ticket that includes a 10 dollar food voucher for the same price as a regular (liftopia) ticket; or sometimes it's 5 bucks more for a 10 dollar voucher. The first time I was there they let you use the voucher upstairs at the carving station. Last time they denied me (after already plating the food), stating it was only for cafeteria food.

If you find yourself in the woods, look out for signs. If you see one that says "drop" or has arrows pointing down to the ground - they mean it.

Blockbuster is where you want to be for first tracks on a powder day (in my limited experience).

Anyway, just some info you may find handy.

MarkC

All you need to know

469 Plattekill Mountain Rd
Ride the double for the goods
3rd floor is where its at for good food

BenedictGomez

Plattekill Mountain 12:56pm

It's SNOWING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think this bodes well if the precipitation shield is already reaching that far west. Maybe they will get 5 or 6 inches out of this afterall.

dmc

We are getting some quality snow in the Catskills - really fluffy..

legalskier

Don't be fooled by that tricky "turn 3 miles ahead" sign!

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]
We are getting some quality snow in the Catskills - really fluffy..
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Sweet- how much so far?[/FONT]

dmc

2 or 3" in the 23a valley.. still snowing..

hippiechick

Snow reports from the catskills folks makes this girl really happy :):)

My skiing gal pal has a BOGO coupon, so I think we're set on the $ for lifts.

When you say 'drop' how much of a drop are we talking about? I can handle a few feet, but if you're talking a 10'+ cliffline, yeah, F that.