• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Platty 🏂🎿😃 sweet hill in West Cats NY

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
Great video! They make many great points!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Video was removed ..Youtube fascism continues !!! Two physicians opinions are not part of the narrative and must be silenced ?...What BS!! Freedom of speech based on science is a "Violation of policy "? WTF!!!

I get it there a private Co. So is your power co., your phone co. . What if they decide to not do business with you based on a opposing opinion ? This crap has got to stop. America deserves better !!!

cdskier

Video was removed ..Youtube fascism continues !!! Two physicians opinions are not part of the narrative and must be silenced ?...What BS!! Freedom of speech based on science is a "Violation of policy "? WTF!!!

What policy did that violate? I only listened to the first 5 minutes the other day then decided it was too long and I had no patience. What was in the rest of it that I missed?

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
What policy did that violate? I only listened to the first 5 minutes the other day then decided it was too long and I had no patience. What was in the rest of it that I missed?

Youtube had announced that anything that goes against WHO would be removed . Complete BS !!!!

https://www.socialmediatoday.com/ne...ion-to-remove-covid-19-misinformation/576577/

I guess they are now in the healthcare business and have more experience that MD's ?

Sorry for the thread high jack Scotty

galbro

I get it there a private Co. So is your power co., your phone co. . What if they decide to not do business with you based on a opposing opinion ? This crap has got to stop. America deserves better !!!
On vimeo now...

Banned youtube video posted at vimeo:
part one:
vimeo.com/412189024
part two:
vimeo.com/412189219

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

skiur

ScottySkis

To our Plattekill Skiers and Riders: to help ease stresses regarding next winter and season passes, we are extending “early season” season pass deadlines for lowest rates from April 30 to October 15. We hope this will allow time for everyone to have more clarity on what next season will look like. Plus we’ve also added extra securities too. For full post, https://www.plattekill.com/tickets/#season-pass.
Stay strong, we will be stronger.

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
What's slippery about it? And how am I standing on it? I said they can remove any videos they like from their site. What's that have to do with me?

If you look at the statistics in the link over 60% of people now get their news from Facebook and YouTube. When tech companies take on an editorial status nothing good can happen . A couple weeks ago they were banning videos for claiming the virus originated in China.

You have people who have built businesses online who are being demonized for having a wrong opinion in time!!!
The Video that was removed to paraphrase said . “Isolation for the vulnerable is the way to go , not society as a whole.”
Really? Come on what a horrible idea that cannot be allowed to spread.

Maybe your voice will be shut off sometime, I think that’s the point.

cdskier

If you look at the statistics in the link over 60% of people now get their news from Facebook and YouTube. When tech companies take on an editorial status nothing good can happen . A couple weeks ago they were banning videos for claiming the virus originated in China.

You have people who have built businesses online who are being demonized for having a wrong opinion in time!!!
The Video that was removed to paraphrase said . “Isolation for the vulnerable is the way to go , not society as a whole.”

The general topic of censorship by a "private" company is fascinating (especially when it pertains to a company that is essentially a near-monopoly in a particular area and used widely by the general public). Should it be Youtube's responsibility to decide what information is shared on a topic like this? If people rely on youtube for news (scary in and of itself), then perhaps it does need to police this to a degree. For something like this particular case, I'd much prefer that Youtube simply flag the video with some sort of warning that the "advice in this video contradicts current global COVID-19 guidelines" or something like that.

I could see this topic having been a perfect one to be discussed in my "Ethics in IT" class back in college nearly 20 years ago. It would have been a fun discussion.

dblskifanatic

That's a very slippery you are standing on.

Right! They are creating censorship which is an issue since they are policing based on a point of view. That video was not negative in any way it shared a perspective!

This is all about mind control! They want you to believe one narrative!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

ScottySkis

Please stop posting fucken in platy thread

Start different thread please

Harvey

Website
nyskiblog.com
I thought that article was ridiculous in terms of logic failure.

The way I read it he was saying that Plattekill could limit their crowd and still break even, while larger, higher capacity mountains couldn't. Since they are essentially running at that level now, or they were last season.

ScottySkis

The way I read it he was saying that Plattekill could limit their crowd and still break even, while larger, higher capacity mountains couldn't. Since they are essentially running at that level now, or they were last season.

+1 I agree

BenedictGomez

A couple weeks ago they were banning videos for claiming the virus originated in China.

A couple months ago on here I posted my Occam's Razor belief that COVID19 got out from the Level 4 BioSafety Lab in Wuhan. The media called that a "conspiracy theory" at the time, which never made any sense to me, as it seemed IMO to be the most logical conclusion all facts considered.

That (former) "conspiracy theory" is now accepted by American intelligence as quite probable.

BenedictGomez

Even if you're correct in that most "positive" way, that's hardly the celebratory cause of the century. It seemed like a weird point-of-view to me.

skiur

Sounds like a slippery slope for YouTube, but again how am I standing on a slippery slope?

asnowmobiler

If you agree with YouTube's policy you are on the same slippery slope as they are, skidding right into having the media control the world with whatever belief they want us to believe while hiding most of what they don't want us to see.
IMO I think government should step in when this happens and I am rarely ever in favor of that.

Edd

Dude, at least 3 threads with this shit? Why?