• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Platty 🏂🎿😃 sweet hill in West Cats NY

ScottySkis

Plattekill Mountain is looking for an energetic, self starter to maintain and repair their fleet of on and off snow vehicles.
We are a very independent, family owned resort and treat our team like family, $1000 sign on bonus and unlimited free family use of resort!

Duties to include, but not limited to:
Diagnose and inspect all of the resorts equipment
Repair and replace parts as needed and perform necessary maintenance
Repair, maintain and diagnose snowcats to perform at 100% daily
Understand and have the ability to repair and diagnose 12, 24 and120 volt electrical systems
Understand hydraulic and hydrostatic system operation and maintenance
Understand and have the ability to diagnose and repair Caterpillar and Cummins diesel engines
Build hydraulic hoses as necessary
Weld and fabricate parts as needed
Assist in other capacities as needed for special events
Assist other departments as necessary to maintain the highest level of guest experience.
Snow removal as needed

Qualifications:
MUST HAVE OWN SAE AND METRIC TOOLS TO PERFORM TASKS CORRECTLY
High school diploma or equivalent
Graduation from a technical school or two years verifiable work history in this field
Must possess a current drivers license, a CDL is a plus
Must be able to work in cold or hot environments
Must be able to work with minimal supervision

This is a 12 month year round position, Salary is commensurate with your experience, drive and overall attitude.
Please send resume and cover letter to bob@plattekill.com or request an application or call 607-326-3500 for an interview. Visit our website www.plattekill.com Plattekill Mountain is an equal opportunity employer.

Think any 1 who gets that job I be little jealous lol

tumbler

That is more work than you think. There would be no skiing time.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

That's right, zero time to ski. And on your one day off all you want to do is sleep. Until you get called in to get the broken snowcat off the hill.

ScottySkis

Plattekill Patrol had their lift evacuation training this weekend... one step closer to opening day! ! !#winteriscoming #keepingitreal #catskills #catskillsskiing
Thnx for photo @plattekillmtnskipatrol

ScottySkis

I know I posted this few days ago
They are hiring

"""Full time guest services position includes working with the public, ticket sales, office tasks, answering phones, placing orders, and multitasking. Weekends and school holiday weeks are a must. Interested candidate can apply in person at the mountain, or get our application online at https://www.plattekill.com/employment/

ScottySkis

This is huge
New snowmaking pump installed today - first new pump we’ve ever had in the history of Plattekill!!! Replacing a 45 year old dinosaur...a proud accomplishment. #snowmaking #myplatty #neverstopimproving #keepingitreal #catskills
""

ccccc1122

There was once a blind man who had so fine a sense of touch that, when any animal was put into his hands, he could tell what it was merely by the feel of it. One day the cub of a wolf was put into his hands, and he was asked what it was. He felt it for some time, and then said, "Indeed, I am not sure whether it is a wolf's cub or a fox's: but this I know -- it would never do to trust it in a sheepfold."
Evil tendencies are early shown.
e-commerce website

ScottySkis

There was once a blind man who had so fine a sense of touch that, when any animal was put into his hands, he could tell what it was merely by the feel of it. One day the cub of a wolf was put into his hands, and he was asked what it was. He felt it for some time, and then said, "Indeed, I am not sure whether it is a wolf's cub or a fox's: but this I know -- it would never do to trust it in a sheepfold."
e-commerce website
Glade Runner

BenedictGomez

e-commerce website

What in god's name kind of new spam posting is this?

ScottySkis

24” of NEW SNOW! although we’d love to have EVERY single one of you here for opening weekend ...please be aware that we have limited tkt quantities available and are only selling tickets through our website. Additional tickets may become available day of however ONLINE ONLY so please continue to check our website for any updates. Stay safe y’all!!! #wegotsnow #myplatty #plattekill