• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Platty 🏂🎿😃 sweet hill in West Cats NY

Abominable

When you say 'drop' how much of a drop are we talking about? I can handle a few feet, but if you're talking a 10'+ cliffline, yeah, F that.

Nah, nothing serious.

Signage in middle of photo.

Platty 3.jpg

Drop (pay no attention to the lousy landing line....)

Platty 4.jpg

ScottySkis

Snow reports from the catskills folks makes this girl really happy :):)

My skiing gal pal has a BOGO coupon, so I think we're set on the $ for lifts.

When you say 'drop' how much of a drop are we talking about? I can handle a few feet, but if you're talking a 10'+ cliffline, yeah, F that.
You be fine only drops are in unmarked gladed stuff have fun need trip reports please?:thumbup::):)

BenedictGomez

2 or 3" in the 23a valley.. still snowing..

Plattekill updated that it has 2" so far just a few minutes ago. This will probably be one of the times where Hunter and Windham do slightly better since the farther east you go the better with this path, but the model guidance suggests 6" is possible by tomorrow and if they already have 1/3 of that it wouldnt shock me if they do a bit better.

dmc

I'll be out first thing tomorrow... stoked...

ScottySkis

Plattekill updated that it has 2" so far just a few minutes ago. This will probably be one of the times where Hunter and Windham do slightly better since the farther east you go the better with this path, but the model guidance suggests 6" is possible by tomorrow and if they already have 1/3 of that it wouldnt shock me if they do a bit better.
Sun this weekend will be fun any snow just make it better.:););):cool::cool::thumbup::thumbup::)

legalskier

Pic from Belle @ an hour ago-

picofday.jpg

It's started snowing hard at the Belle! We are expecting 5" - 8"
of new snow tonight followed by a gorgeous sunny weekend!

Ooops- sorry about the hijack! :grin:

dmc

Headed to Platty also? My pal and I will be there, hit me up.

I live in Hunter Mountain and I have to work so - I'm hitting the lift here when it opens before my first meeting at 10:30...

Thinking about hitting Platty this weekend maybe...

zyk

I might go tomorrow if they get enough snow. If not, Hunter maybe.

If you're coming from the north take I-88 then Rt 30 from the schoharie exit. Its fast and a nice drive.

Jersey Skier

Be careful on rt 28. Got a ticket for 70 in 55 on Tuesday coming back from Bellaeyre.

BenedictGomez

Who says Jersey skiers don't contribute to the local economy?

Not this one.

I have the best radar detector on the market, can simultaneously track 6 different police cars. Had paid for itself many times over, including tonight going >75 in a 55 in Albany.

Not this one.

I have the best radar detector on the market, can simultaneously track 6 different police cars. Had paid for itself many times over, including tonight going >75 in a 55 in Albany.

what model do you have?

ScottySkis

For cell service, platty Verizon not so good, they have some free WI FF internet service in Cafe, snow was light and fluffy when I leaving city of Middletown the not the town by Roxbury, and snow will be sweet up their for a zoners up their, have fun, cheap hotels, hippieschick and friend in near by Margetriville a few miles away so you can come back on Saturday I be their Sat. and Sun, who from here could ski and maybe show me some trees and maybe fun times with my girl Mary.:):):thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:;):cool::cool::cool::)