• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Platty 🏂🎿😃 sweet hill in West Cats NY

JimG.

Staff member
Yeah there's that t-bar love.

I'm tall and usually wind up riding with someone shorter than me. Even more uncomfortable and tiring with the bar mid-hamstring.

BenedictGomez

the worst t-bar is at lake louise. its how you get to the very awesome backside, but its long, and steep, and it hurts your butt and balls and quads real bad.

I dont recall but, ball, or quad hurt, but the Lake Louise T-bar is the longest & steepest T-bar I've ever been on.

Let's be honest though, all T-bars stink.

raisingarizona

I absolutely love t-bars.

There’s a lot of beauty in their simplicity such as they don’t require difficult Evacs when they are loaded and break down or that they don’t get put on wind holds like chairs do.

Created Buttes t-bar and poma are the stuff of legend!

galbro

I absolutely love t-bars.

There’s a lot of beauty in their simplicity such as they don’t require difficult Evacs when they are loaded and break down or that they don’t get put on wind holds like chairs do.

Created Buttes t-bar and poma are the stuff of legend!
I remember taking the Breckenridge horseshoe bowl T in 1991. Quite steep, 375 meter rise with a 1200 meter length. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yxrVoKPlz4k

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

x10003q

The old upper T's at Cannon were interesting on some days!

Those 2 t-bars were an example of t-bars that could have been put on wind hold or ice hold occasionally. I remember being up there when I was 8 or 9 and getting blown out of the icy track. I though i was going to get blown off the mountain. Skiing at Cannon was always an adventure.

raisingarizona

I can see that.

But they probably have lower capacity than chairs. Good for the trails it access, bad for lift lines.

Oh yeah, true that. They may not be for busy resort type places but are probably a pretty good idea for small mom and pop places that aren’t on the majority’s radar.