• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Area ID - New York

gmcunni

driving to Syracuse yesterday. On I-90 approx half way between Albany and Syracuse I noticed a chair lift running up a small hill on the south side of I-90. checking some maps and NELSAP i can't seem to find it. Does anyone know what place it is?

Bene288

Are you sure it was a chair? I know there's a tubing hill in that area near Utica.

gmcunni

zyk

Last summer I drove by the base and I believe I recall the lifts and towers still be there.

Warp Daddy

Gary if it was Schumaker theit MIGHT be Val Bialas which is in UTICA , somewhat near Schumaker on the south side , visiible from Thruway. , has towers and chairs , is still operational ON A VERY LIMITED basis and is operated by the City . Other than those 2 i know of NO other in that region of the MohawlK Valley that is visible from the road . i grew up in the Greater Utica area so am curious to know IF i missed something other than thise 2

gmcunni

thanks everyone. Mystery seems to be solved. I will likely be driving by again next weekend so I'll do a better job noticing exactly where i am to confirm which of the two it could be.