Bike Log 2013 - Page 10

AlpineZone

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Bike Log 2013

I don't think I broke 100 miles between road and mountain biking this year. Am getting a lot of hiking in though.

2009/2010 - 28

2009 mtb-19 rides- 113.58 miles

2008/09 - 33

I haven't been out since Oct 3rd. Hopefully I'll get out a few more times before ski season gets into full swing down here...
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by BackLoafRiver View Post
    Anyone else still out riding?
    Me and my wife are. Up until last week we were still riding 100+ miles per week although it's getting tough to fit it in. Tomorrow we'll ride 65 - 70 miles but we'll have to take Sunday off to rake leaves/yard cleanup. Weekday rides are about once week when I take long lunch and ride.

We'll continue riding as long as it's above about 40 degrees and there's no skiing at Mount Snow

I skied at Mount Snow yesterday but had to come home for the weekend for family commitments. I had sore legs from skiing with five 18 year olds yesterday so I thought I'd hit the roads for a few hours to loosen them up. 38 miles today, 55 degrees , felt like a spring day. This will probably be my last road ride of the year unless this warm weather continues. total for 2013 , 4378 miles

2010 Road miles_____________ 2011 Road miles__________ 2012 Road miles_______2013 Road miles
    February 0 miles_____________ February 24 miles_________ February 24 miles______February 0 miles
    March 114 miles_____________ March 129 miles __________ March 248 miles_______ March 142 miles
    April 271 miles______________ April 360 miles____________ April 386 miles________ April 366 miles
    May 585 miles_______________May 582 miles____________ May 457 miles ________ May 479 miles
    June 790 miles_______________June 668 miles___________ June 416 miles ________ June 593 miles
    July 621 miles________________July 923 miles___________ July 673 miles _________ July 671 miles
    August 657 miles_____________ August 472 miles_________ August 612 miles ______ August 903 miles
    September 691 miles__________ Sept 572 miles___________ Sept 644 miles________ Sept 723 miles
    October 335 miles ____________ October 239 miles________ October 242 miles______ October 361 miles
    November 238 miles___________ November 139 miles______ November 117 miles ____November 102 miles
    2010 season total 4302 miles----- 2011 total 4108 miles-------- 2012 total 3819 miles-----December 38 miles

Wow. Good for you. That is an impressive total.

As an aside, do you ever go through a phase where you want nothing to do with your road rig? At the end of my season, all I wanted to do was MTB. The thought of pounding pavement was so unappealing that I passed on several fantastic days to ride. I probably only got out a handful of times in October. How do you overcome it?

Quote Originally Posted by BackLoafRiver View Post
    Wow. Good for you. That is an impressive total.

As an aside, do you ever go through a phase where you want nothing to do with your road rig? At the end of my season, all I wanted to do was MTB. The thought of pounding pavement was so unappealing that I passed on several fantastic days to ride. I probably only got out a handful of times in October. How do you overcome it?
    Yes, I started to get a little burned out earlier this fall after the 1600 miles I rode in August and September. But I think this was due to the fact that we usually ride from home or work and the same roads for every ride started to get monotonous. So we got out the cross bikes and did some dirt road riding in the fall to break it up. We also took out the tandem more in Sept and Oct , this really mixes it up too.
    Overall though both my wife and I love riding- when we retire in 5-10 years we'll probably ride cross country.
    We've only done tours up to 10-days so far. We may try to do an extended trip this summer to see what a couple of weeks on a touring bike is really like. Possibly a tour up into Quebec .

Man, the weather's so warm we are restarting the bike forum
    Free Stickers - e-mail your address to nick@alpinezone.com.

Check AZ out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo and Google+

Get AZ on your mobile phone!

Any advice on winter riding when the weather is vacillating so wildly from cold to warm and ice seems to be in the most unlikely of places?

Also, posted this elsewhere, but would appreciate some perspective:

I'm trying to figure out if I should upgrade my groupset on my roadbike or my wheels. I only have $1500 and therefore can't do both.

Thanks for any advice.

Quote Originally Posted by kendall View Post
    Any advice on winter riding when the weather is vacillating so wildly from cold to warm and ice seems to be in the most unlikely of places?

Also, posted this elsewhere, but would appreciate some perspective:

I'm trying to figure out if I should upgrade my groupset on my roadbike or my wheels. I only have $1500 and therefore can't do both.

Thanks for any advice.

What road bike do you have? What components /wheels are currently on it?

Quote Originally Posted by mlctvt View Post
    What road bike do you have? What components /wheels are currently on it?
    For my road bike, I ride a 2012 Fuji Roubaix SL with Tiagra/105 components and stock wheels.

I'm primarily a triathlete, though, and have a Scott Plasma 2 frame with SRAM Red groupset and stock wheels. So I'd be getting the wheels for the tri bike primarily... something pretty deep since I race at 23+ mph and can therefore get some decent advantage that way.

Thread Information