• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bike Log 2013

MR. evil

Finally got some seat time this past week.

Road - 8.74
Mtb - 9.22

So far only one ride this season, this whole work thing is really starting to get in the way of life!!!
I need to schedule a regular after work ride night to make sure I get on the bike and don't live in the office. You game for some Case Mt RAWS? Maybe we can even get Paul to come out of hiding and join us.

o3jeff

So far only one ride this season, this whole work thing is really starting to get in the way of life!!!
I need to schedule a regular after work ride night to make sure I get on the bike and don't live in the office. You game for some Case Mt RAWS? Maybe we can even get Paul to come out of hiding and join us.

I'm in, was even thinking about some raw road rides maybe out to Bolton area, just have to scope out some routes. Monday and Wednesdays are probably best, suppose to be on the road on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

MR. evil

I would also be up for some RAW road rides. I am doing the Village charity ride again and this year we are aiming to do the 100k ride. I need some serious saddle time to get ready. One of my co-worked might even joint us for a road RAW.

mlctvt

I better get riding I'm behind in miles for this time of year.

2010 Road miles_____________ 2011 Road miles__________ 2012 Road miles_______2013 Road miles
February 0 miles_____________ February 24 miles_________ February 24 miles______February 0 miles
March 114 miles_____________ March 129 miles __________ March 248 miles_______ March 142 miles
April 271 miles______________ April 360 miles____________ April 386 miles________ April 366 miles
May 585 miles_______________May 582 miles____________ May 457 miles
June 790 miles_______________June 668 miles___________ June 416 miles
July 621 miles________________July 923 miles___________ July 673 miles
August 657 miles_____________ August 472 miles_________ August 612 miles
September 691 miles__________ Sept 572 miles___________ Sept 644 miles
October 335 miles ____________ October 239 miles________ October 242 miles
November 238 miles___________ November 139 miles______ November 117 miles
2010 season total 4302 miles----- 2011 total 4108 miles-------- 2012 total 3819 miles----- 2013 total 508 so far

ScottySkis

4 miles so far up and down hilly Burlingham road in Bloomingburgh, NY, lunch time now then 4 miles back home.

bvibert

Staff member
Did my 3rd MTB ride yesterday. I gotta start getting out during the week too.

I'm up to 33.2 for the year.

ScottySkis

Yesterday a very nice 12 miles from my house to Pine Bush and back. Approximately 10 miles nice warm weather a little windy but great to be outside in the sun.

bvibert

Staff member
I'm at 79.0 miles on the MTB now. 4.3 were on a rail trail with the kids, but the rest have been in the woods.

Puck it

I started up again up this weekend on Sunday. 8 mile each for the last three days thru the woods behind my house. I need to get out and do some trail maintenance though. Big tree down across trail on the major route and on a side trail there are five trees down. None are flat on the ground. I am borrowing my neighbors Kubota these weekend and bringing chainsaw out to do the clean up.

Rambo

Rode mountain bike over the road, 18 miles out and 18 back for a total of 36 miles. Rode from Binghamton, NY down Rt.11 to Hallstead, PA. This was on Sun. 5/26/13. Sunny and cool - perfect biking weather except for the wind in your face coming back. Down in the Hallstead area they are drilling natural gas wells and Fracking them. On Sunday only had 1 convoy of 3 big water tankers pass me.

mlctvt

nice fast bike shop ride yesterday. 29 miles 18.7 MPH average. A good mix of flat roads with a few climbs thrown in.
The best was 5-6 miles along the coast where we stayed at 25-30mph. You had to keep attentive - I let a gap open between me a the rider in front a few times and almost dropped off the back.

mlctvt

I felt it too at the end of the ride.:smile:
It was my fastest ride of the year so far. The guys and women too that I ride with Wed nights are really great riders.
On the flat coastal section we were taking turns pulling. I was in front doing about 26mph for about 1/2 mile when one of the racer guys goes by me and picks the pace up to 30mph. I was able to hang on but I couldn't pull long at that pace.
When we pulled over at the end of that road I said "hey 26mph isn't fast enough" ? He just shrugged. I guess it wasn't for him.
They dropped me on the hills too but I wasn't the only one everyone got spread out, I'd say I was about mid pack.

Tonight I'd lead a more "social" ride averaging about 15-16mph but it'll have more hills than yesterday's ride.

MR. evil

I have been riding alone a lot the past month plus due to my crazy work schedule. Most of my rides are last minutes types because I can't plan things out in advance due to work. Anyway.....this morning I was in the middle of my standard 10 mile loop at Robinson St Park in Agawam MA when I noticed that I wasn't really pushing the pace, I told myself I was being lazy and that I really need to start riding with other people. I get back to my truck, take my phone out of my back pack and check the time. Did the entire 10 mile loop in 1 hour 20 minutes, a solid 10 minutes faster than the last time I actually timed myself on this loop last season. Feeling pretty good about that.