Bike Log 2013 - Page 6

AlpineZone

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Bike Log 2013

Quote Originally Posted by o3jeff View Post
    Finally got some seat time this past week.

Road - 8.74
    Mtb - 9.22
    Road - 80.83
    Mtb - 22.17
    2009/2010 - 28

2009 mtb-19 rides- 113.58 miles

2008/09 - 33

I'm at 79.0 miles on the MTB now. 4.3 were on a rail trail with the kids, but the rest have been in the woods.
    Brian

Sullivan County up on the Walnuts mtn 2000 high elevation
    I did a mile on Saturday into I couldn't deal with the crazy sideways wind.

I started up again up this weekend on Sunday. 8 mile each for the last three days thru the woods behind my house. I need to get out and do some trail maintenance though. Big tree down across trail on the major route and on a side trail there are five trees down. None are flat on the ground. I am borrowing my neighbors Kubota these weekend and bringing chainsaw out to do the clean up.
    Live, Ski or Die Trying!!!
    "Life is not measured by the numbers of breaths we take, but by the ski runs that take our breath away."

SKI THE EAST!!!!!!

Rode mountain bike over the road, 18 miles out and 18 back for a total of 36 miles. Rode from Binghamton, NY down Rt.11 to Hallstead, PA. This was on Sun. 5/26/13. Sunny and cool - perfect biking weather except for the wind in your face coming back. Down in the Hallstead area they are drilling natural gas wells and Fracking them. On Sunday only had 1 convoy of 3 big water tankers pass me.

nice fast bike shop ride yesterday. 29 miles 18.7 MPH average. A good mix of flat roads with a few climbs thrown in.
    The best was 5-6 miles along the coast where we stayed at 25-30mph. You had to keep attentive - I let a gap open between me a the rider in front a few times and almost dropped off the back.

Quote Originally Posted by mlctvt View Post
    The best was 5-6 miles along the coast where we stayed at 25-30mph. You had to keep attentive - I let a gap open between me a the rider in front a few times and almost dropped off the back.
    That's a VERY fast pace!
    2009/2010 - 28

2009 mtb-19 rides- 113.58 miles

2008/09 - 33

I felt it too at the end of the ride.
    It was my fastest ride of the year so far. The guys and women too that I ride with Wed nights are really great riders.
    On the flat coastal section we were taking turns pulling. I was in front doing about 26mph for about 1/2 mile when one of the racer guys goes by me and picks the pace up to 30mph. I was able to hang on but I couldn't pull long at that pace.
    When we pulled over at the end of that road I said "hey 26mph isn't fast enough" ? He just shrugged. I guess it wasn't for him.
    They dropped me on the hills too but I wasn't the only one everyone got spread out, I'd say I was about mid pack.

Tonight I'd lead a more "social" ride averaging about 15-16mph but it'll have more hills than yesterday's ride.

Sullivan County up on the Walnuts mtn 2000 high elevation
    Rode the city bike today pretty cool 4 miles I guess from mid town to Tribeca NYC.

I have been riding alone a lot the past month plus due to my crazy work schedule. Most of my rides are last minutes types because I can't plan things out in advance due to work. Anyway.....this morning I was in the middle of my standard 10 mile loop at Robinson St Park in Agawam MA when I noticed that I wasn't really pushing the pace, I told myself I was being lazy and that I really need to start riding with other people. I get back to my truck, take my phone out of my back pack and check the time. Did the entire 10 mile loop in 1 hour 20 minutes, a solid 10 minutes faster than the last time I actually timed myself on this loop last season. Feeling pretty good about that.

Thread Information