Bike Log 2013 - Page 7

AlpineZone

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Bike Log 2013

Nice Tim! That usually works the other way around for me, I think I'm riding at a good pace only to find out that I still suck as much as always.

64 miles yesterday from Colchester to Rocky Neck beach and back.
    I drank five 20 oz water bottles and didn't pee once! Wasn't too hot compared to Saturday.

The beach "scenery" isn't as good as it used to be, almost everyone was fat!
    Since many were wearing very skimpy and revealing beach wear they must not ashamed of their bodies , although they should be! I had to look away several times it was so scary.

One of my co-riders commented that she'd never seen so many scary looking scantily clad people. Which is amazing since she's a doctor!

Quote Originally Posted by mlctvt View Post
    I drank five 20 oz water bottles and didn't pee once! Wasn't too hot compared to Saturday.

Since many were wearing very skimpy and revealing beach wear they must not ashamed of their bodies , although they should be! I had to look away several times it was so scary.

One of my co-riders commented that she'd never seen so many scary looking scantily clad people. Which is amazing since she's a doctor!
    Scary. Ride Hudson river in lower NYC and you see the opposite of what you saw over the weekend.

That's one of the reasons I stopped going to Rocky Neck, Hammonasset is a little better.
    2009/2010 - 28

2009 mtb-19 rides- 113.58 miles

2008/09 - 33

Strava is reporting a bit over 66 miles on the MTB which is kinda beat, but better than this time last year. Gotta find ways to keep momentum and get in at least 2 rides/week. The old riding grounds at Nass have really developed into quite the trail network the past few years. Good stuff.

If you REALLY want to see some scary scenery, go to the water park at Six Flags New England on a warm summer weekend day! Remember, you been warned!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AlpineZone mobile app
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '18-'19 season 45 days '07-'19 seasons: 612 Days

'19 - '20 season:

My wife and I hosted a dual club ride today, 63 miles 3400 vert feet. Fantastic ride on mostly country roads, with a few good climbs. Some fast guys showed up so we ended up with our all time fastest ride for this route , 17.6mph. A couple of nice downhill runs too , my fastest was 43.5 mph, of course we went up the other side at 8-10mph

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
    My wife and I hosted a dual club ride today, 63 miles 3400 vert feet. Fantastic ride on mostly country roads, with a few good climbs. Some fast guys showed up so we ended up with our all time fastest ride for this route , 17.6mph. A couple of nice downhill runs too , my fastest was 43.5 mph, of course we went up the other side at 8-10mph
    As my fatherinlaw used to say, "Half the hills are down".

My buddies and I got out and rode Blue Mt. for a couple of hours yesterday morning. What a great place to ride!!

Quote Originally Posted by marcski View Post
    As my fatherinlaw used to say, "Half the hills are down".

My buddies and I got out and rode Blue Mt. for a couple of hours yesterday morning. What a great place to ride!!
    Blue Mt Pa? Mountain bike on the mountain or Road bikes on the access road( Blue Mountain Drive)? I've got to look back my notes from a trip I did in the area a few years ago. I think we went up/down that road before. I do remember a blazing downhill run that was really fun. I'll be doing a week long bike tour around Bethleham PA in August so maybe we will ride the hills in that area then?

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
    Blue Mt Pa? Mountain bike on the mountain or Road bikes on the access road( Blue Mountain Drive)? I've got to look back my notes from a trip I did in the area a few years ago. I think we went up/down that road before. I do remember a blazing downhill run that was really fun. I'll be doing a week long bike tour around Bethleham PA in August so maybe we will ride the hills in that area then?
    Blue Mountain Reservation in Peekskill, NY.

http://wmba.org/blog/parks/blue-mountain-reservation/

http://wmba.org/blog/wp-content/uplo...thomegrown.jpg

Thread Information