Bike Log 2013 - Page 9

AlpineZone

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Bike Log 2013

Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post
    I'm up to 318.3 miles on the MTB for the year. Much better than last year so far!
    That's 318.3 more miles than me on the MTB. I hope to use my cross bike for some fall double-track then get back on my MTB for the first time in years later this fall and winter. It's an old hard tail Rockhopper from the mid 90s but it's still like new. I'll start out with some not too difficult trails near my house , I'm not sure I want to get into real technical stuff like you guys do though.

Quote Originally Posted by mlctvt View Post
    I'm not sure I want to get into real technical stuff like you guys do though.
    All that matters is that you're having fun! It's riding bikes after all!
    Brian

Went Mountain biking today at Walnut Mountain in Liberty NY lots of great one track trails and fun, probably ride 12 miles I guess. Loving being near so many great hills. Used to be a ski hill in the 1920s.
    Last edited by ScottySkis; Sep 21, 2013 at 4:52 PM.

Not so much a "total mileage" check-in. Rather a "wow, has it really been that long" post.

Got out today for my first time in weeks. Work has been impossible and when I have had time, the weather hasn't been cooperating.

Did a quick 12 miler at Bradbury. Gorgeous afternoon for a ride, albeit a little cool. No bugs. Tons of standing water however. A few sections of mandatory "hike-a-bike". This past Saturday was the 12-hour race and, since I am sure it rained all day, it did a severe number on the system. Still, found a new favorite loop on the mountain side. They have improved a bunch of the features over the past few months including this new system of bridges.

1239000_10153230737665276_643151911_n.jpg

My only gripe is that the old bridge (you can see on the right) was much more challenging and actually required decent placement/ skill to ride. The new group, however, I am sure addresses some of the environmental concerns more so than the prior structure.

Quote Originally Posted by BackLoafRiver View Post
    My only gripe is that the old bridge (you can see on the right) was much more challenging and actually required decent placement/ skill to ride. The new group, however, I am sure addresses some of the environmental concerns more so than the prior structure.
    I hate it when that happens! Sometimes it's for the best though...
    Brian

Yeah, so my season is quickly falling apart, as it typical this time of year, for a variety of reasons (kid's soccer season, kid's school, deferred maintenance (auto/home) catching up to me, work, etc..). I haven't ridden in almost 3 weeks..

I'm up to 327 miles for the year.

Hopefully I can get back in the saddle this week!
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post
    Yeah, so my season is quickly falling apart, as it typical this time of year, for a variety of reasons (kid's soccer season, kid's school, deferred maintenance (auto/home) catching up to me, work, etc..). I haven't ridden in almost 3 weeks..

I'm up to 327 miles for the year.

Hopefully I can get back in the saddle this week!
    I feel you homie. Today was my first road ride in over 2 weeks and yesterday was my first MTB ride in over 2. Not good. I was hoping I would be way above where I am. Actually, I was on pace for an awesome season. As it is, my "seat" is so sore and out of shape from the past two days. Ugh. I am grossly out of riding shape despite being in fine physical shape. It's amazing what a difference taking some time off makes. (and not in a good way)

Car was in the shop yesterday due to the check engine light blues, so I hoped on the mb and rode it to work. Nice way to squeeze in a 11.27 mile ride on a crisp fall morning. Shorter days and the jam packed weekends are making it harder to get a few last rides in. Anyone use Endomondo?
    The Mountains are calling ~ I must go!

Last club ride of the year last night. Its too dark by 6:30 to run a group ride safely. We averaged 21 mph for 19 miles. I rode 6 miles or so before hand just to warm up. It was sad to end the season with them. Riding with a group of fast guys on a weekly basis was pushing me to get out on my road bike and work hard.

Anyone else still out riding?

Thread Information