• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bike Log 2013

bvibert

Staff member
Nice Tim! That usually works the other way around for me, I think I'm riding at a good pace only to find out that I still suck as much as always.

mlctvt

64 miles yesterday from Colchester to Rocky Neck beach and back.
I drank five 20 oz water bottles and didn't pee once! Wasn't too hot compared to Saturday.

The beach "scenery" isn't as good as it used to be, almost everyone was fat!
Since many were wearing very skimpy and revealing beach wear they must not ashamed of their bodies , although they should be! I had to look away several times it was so scary.

One of my co-riders commented that she'd never seen so many scary looking scantily clad people. Which is amazing since she's a doctor!

ScottySkis

I drank five 20 oz water bottles and didn't pee once! Wasn't too hot compared to Saturday.

Since many were wearing very skimpy and revealing beach wear they must not ashamed of their bodies , although they should be! I had to look away several times it was so scary.

One of my co-riders commented that she'd never seen so many scary looking scantily clad people. Which is amazing since she's a doctor!

Scary. Ride Hudson river in lower NYC and you see the opposite of what you saw over the weekend.

o3jeff

That's one of the reasons I stopped going to Rocky Neck, Hammonasset is a little better.

Greg

Staff member
Strava is reporting a bit over 66 miles on the MTB which is kinda beat, but better than this time last year. Gotta find ways to keep momentum and get in at least 2 rides/week. The old riding grounds at Nass have really developed into quite the trail network the past few years. Good stuff.

drjeff

If you REALLY want to see some scary scenery, go to the water park at Six Flags New England on a warm summer weekend day! :eek: Remember, you been warned!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AlpineZone mobile app

mlctvt

My wife and I hosted a dual club ride today, 63 miles 3400 vert feet. Fantastic ride on mostly country roads, with a few good climbs. Some fast guys showed up so we ended up with our all time fastest ride for this route , 17.6mph. A couple of nice downhill runs too , my fastest was 43.5 mph, of course we went up the other side at 8-10mph :smile:

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
My wife and I hosted a dual club ride today, 63 miles 3400 vert feet. Fantastic ride on mostly country roads, with a few good climbs. Some fast guys showed up so we ended up with our all time fastest ride for this route , 17.6mph. A couple of nice downhill runs too , my fastest was 43.5 mph, of course we went up the other side at 8-10mph :smile:

As my fatherinlaw used to say, "Half the hills are down".

My buddies and I got out and rode Blue Mt. for a couple of hours yesterday morning. What a great place to ride!!

mlctvt

As my fatherinlaw used to say, "Half the hills are down".

My buddies and I got out and rode Blue Mt. for a couple of hours yesterday morning. What a great place to ride!!

Blue Mt Pa? Mountain bike on the mountain or Road bikes on the access road( Blue Mountain Drive)? I've got to look back my notes from a trip I did in the area a few years ago. I think we went up/down that road before. I do remember a blazing downhill run that was really fun. I'll be doing a week long bike tour around Bethleham PA in August so maybe we will ride the hills in that area then?

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
Blue Mt Pa? Mountain bike on the mountain or Road bikes on the access road( Blue Mountain Drive)? I've got to look back my notes from a trip I did in the area a few years ago. I think we went up/down that road before. I do remember a blazing downhill run that was really fun. I'll be doing a week long bike tour around Bethleham PA in August so maybe we will ride the hills in that area then?

Blue Mountain Reservation in Peekskill, NY.

http://wmba.org/blog/parks/blue-mountain-reservation/

http://wmba.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/2_09_besthomegrown.jpg

ScottySkis

thanks for the info, Looks like a great park, I'll have to check it out next time I'm down that way.

"Best Homegrown Park" Sounds like something Scotty would love. :thumbup:

Home ground green and road biking sounds like a great combination.:):thumbup:

bvibert

Staff member
I'm up to 223 MTB miles in 27 rides so far this year. Finally starting to feel like I'm getting into the groove.

Puck it

I'm up to 223 MTB miles in 27 rides so far this year. Finally starting to feel like I'm getting into the groove.

I do about 8-10 miles a day on the MTB behind the house since June. I am still not feeling int he groove yet.

Greg

Staff member

Nice Brian. I'm at about 120 for the year so far. Kinda beat. 300 each season seems to be a reasonable goal for me. But I probably won't hit it again this year. I do feel like despite sub-par cardio, that 8-10 miles feels a lot easier than it did back in the day.

bvibert

Staff member
Nice Brian. I'm at about 120 for the year so far. Kinda beat. 300 each season seems to be a reasonable goal for me. But I probably won't hit it again this year. I do feel like despite sub-par cardio, that 8-10 miles feels a lot easier than it did back in the day.

Thanks! I'm more consistent than last year so far. I don't remember why, but it looks like I didn't ride in July at all last year??

Up to 241.1 in 30 rides now. There's a few 2-3 mile kids rides mixed in there, otherwise most of my rides have been 8-10 miles. It definitely feels easier than it was when we first started, back then 10 miles in the kind of terrain we're riding was the BIG ride of the season! :lol:

mlctvt

Fantasic month of August for riding, not too hot, and dry too. My best August in years if not ever! Got in 903 miles without trying too hard.

2010 Road miles_____________ 2011 Road miles__________ 2012 Road miles_______2013 Road miles
February 0 miles_____________ February 24 miles_________ February 24 miles______February 0 miles
March 114 miles_____________ March 129 miles __________ March 248 miles_______ March 142 miles
April 271 miles______________ April 360 miles____________ April 386 miles________ April 366 miles
May 585 miles_______________May 582 miles____________ May 457 miles ________ May 479 miles
June 790 miles_______________June 668 miles___________ June 416 miles ________ June 593 miles
July 621 miles________________July 923 miles___________ July 673 miles _________ July 671 miles
August 657 miles_____________ August 472 miles_________ August 612 miles ______ August 903 miles
September 691 miles__________ Sept 572 miles___________ Sept 644 miles
October 335 miles ____________ October 239 miles________ October 242 miles
November 238 miles___________ November 139 miles______ November 117 miles
2010 season total 4302 miles----- 2011 total 4108 miles-------- 2012 total 3819 miles----- 2013 total 3154 so far

bvibert

Staff member
Fantasic month of August for riding, not too hot, and dry too. My best August in years if not ever! Got in 903 miles without trying too hard.

2010 Road miles_____________ 2011 Road miles__________ 2012 Road miles_______2013 Road miles
February 0 miles_____________ February 24 miles_________ February 24 miles______February 0 miles
March 114 miles_____________ March 129 miles __________ March 248 miles_______ March 142 miles
April 271 miles______________ April 360 miles____________ April 386 miles________ April 366 miles
May 585 miles_______________May 582 miles____________ May 457 miles ________ May 479 miles
June 790 miles_______________June 668 miles___________ June 416 miles ________ June 593 miles
July 621 miles________________July 923 miles___________ July 673 miles _________ July 671 miles
August 657 miles_____________ August 472 miles_________ August 612 miles ______ August 903 miles
September 691 miles__________ Sept 572 miles___________ Sept 644 miles
October 335 miles ____________ October 239 miles________ October 242 miles
November 238 miles___________ November 139 miles______ November 117 miles
2010 season total 4302 miles----- 2011 total 4108 miles-------- 2012 total 3819 miles----- 2013 total 3154 so far
Nice!

bvibert

Staff member
I'm up to 318.3 miles on the MTB for the year. Much better than last year so far!