Is ski season done once spring skiing starts? - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    ski December, January and February to get ready for March, April and May.

This past weekend I skied at Mount Snow. Every trail had excellent coverage, the trees were supurb, and it was nearly 50 degrees. So, no, spring skiing doesn't mean all the harder trails are closed. But, I do prefer to ski when the temperature is below freezing. Some people like true winter skiing better than spring skiing.
    2019-2020 0 days and holding...
    "Skiing is the closest you'll get to flying without leaving the ground." -snowmonster

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    This couldn't be further from the truth. It's the opposite at most areas that remain open late into spring.
    Exactly. Green circle terrain and lower intermediate terrain always melt out first.

Many skiers might suggest that the season is only just really beginning in March.

I've had numerous spring skiing days that were better than powder days.

You have to be more selective of what days you ski. Conditions will be rather poor during spring skiing if the temperature and sun exposure are not sufficient to soften the snow. However, it always snows in March and April so there is still powder to be had.
    -Steve
    TheSnowWay.com "Skiing is not a sport, it is a way of life." - Otto Schniebs

What do kids know?

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app
    "Happiness equals reality minus expectations." Tommy Magliozzi

All I know is the two days of spring conditions at my favorite place this past weekend, was probably some of the best snow days for me this year.

Sugarbush more often than not closes with Steins. Killington closes with Superstar. If you love bumps there is no better time!

Quote Originally Posted by MadMadWorld View Post
    Sugarbush more often than not closes with Steins. Killington closes with Superstar. If you love bumps there is no better time!

Bumps are so sweet in the spring, I can even ski them.

Quote Originally Posted by MadMadWorld View Post
    Killington closes with Superstar. If you love bumps there is no better time!
    April 21, 2012

And to think this was groomed the day before.

They've blown a ton more snow this year than last.
    233056.jpg
    Last edited by steamboat1; Mar 11, 2013 at 5:32 PM.

Spring skiing is more my pace. Moguls, soft snow, sunny afternoons, light crowds, bbq, beer, babes, bring it.
    "man you make it look so fluid"

I love spring skiing. It's the best time to learn bumps + there's warm weather. I hate ice too.

Thread Information