Is ski season done once spring skiing starts? - Page 5

AlpineZone

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by St. Bear View Post
    There's always a 1-2 week stretch in late April to early May when I have to mow my lawn 3 times a week.

I'm not saying it won't get done, or that I won't fight the battle too. Just commenting that it is harder.
    No doubt SB. I have an excuse to go to VT (daughter) and plan to use it this year. I know there are years when the weather starts to break down here that its easy to put the boards away. (last year for example) This is not one of them for me. Mowing is out of my mind right now.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

I'm good usually up until the kids soccer games start on the weekends typically in late April. Then with both kids with games on Saturday and 1 kid also with a game on Sunday, logistically it gets VERY challenging
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '18-'19 season 45 days '07-'19 seasons: 612 Days

'19 - '20 season:

November: 16.17,23,29,30 (Mount Snow)
    December: 1,7 (Mount Snow)

Absolutely loooove spring skiing. I'm hoping my best days of the season are yet to come.

season is just starting for me. cant wait for soft sunny bump days. best time of the year hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by St. Bear View Post
    It is much harder to get out in the spring, at least from here in Jersey. Daytrips aren't reasonable, so you have to take a whole weekend, and once you neglect the yardwork for a weekend or two, you're really fighting up uphill battle, especially in April.

Lame, I know, but it is what it is.
    F*** the lawn! Get dlague's kid to mow your lawn, he doesn't want to go at this point anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    I'm good usually up until the kids soccer games start on the weekends typically in late April. Then with both kids with games on Saturday and 1 kid also with a game on Sunday, logistically it gets VERY challenging
    Honestly curious I'm not a parent so forgive my cluelessness: would the kids rather go skiing than to games? I would pull every trick in the book to just hit the slopes and blow off that crap. The snow will be gone soon.

I would be a horrible parent.

Quote Originally Posted by Edd View Post
    Honestly curious I'm not a parent so forgive my cluelessness: would the kids rather go skiing than to games? I would pull every trick in the book to just hit the slopes and blow off that crap. The snow will be gone soon.

I would be a horrible parent.
    Parenting is hard and there are alot of times where it is best to go with the flow. If the kid is into spring and warm weather sports you have to be supportive. The other option I took and I'm lucky is to make skiing their end all, be all. My wife will stop as soon as we get back from Utah (Easter), but my boy is 1st and foremost a skier and would go all year if he could. You can't force kids to do anything. My daughter pretty much gave up skiing for a while and we made other arrangements and let her. Again I'm lucky she came back to it and is more into it then ever.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Is dinner over once dessert begins? I mean, c'mon. The roast beef is off the table. The pop n serve rolls are all gone. Why hang around for dessert?

Why indeed.

At Killington they will groom the last blue trail deep into mid April. Wider skis help. After that, you need good skills in the bumps, a love of inclined water skiing, a charcoal grill, and a few friends to enjoy it with.

Quote Originally Posted by mister moose View Post
    is dinner over once dessert begins? I mean, c'mon. The roast beef is off the table. The pop n serve rolls are all gone. Why hang around for dessert?

Why indeed.

At killington they will groom the last blue trail deep into mid april. Wider skis help. After that, you need good skills in the bumps, a love of inclined water skiing, a charcoal grill, and a few friends to enjoy it with.
    lol

Spring is the skiing we've been waiting for.

Too bad I didn't budget this year and now= broke.
    2019/2020 season [*powder day]

Mount Snow [11/14, 11/21, 12/2*]

Thread Information