Is ski season done once spring skiing starts? - Page 7

AlpineZone

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by steamboat1 View Post
    According to him it doesn't because he keeps his leg strong. At our age it doesn't make sense to have surgery. He's been a joint surgeon for over 30 years. If he tells me I don't need surgery I'll take his advice especially since he's in the same boat as me. If it doesn't work out I can always have surgery at a later date.
    Thurman Thomas played most of his NFL career without ACLs.

Quote Originally Posted by St. Bear View Post
    Didn't know about Thomas. John Elway played his entire College and Pro career without an ACL in his left knee. He trashed it in High School and back then it was considered a career ending injury, so he didn't get it repaired.

Quote Originally Posted by St. Bear View Post
    There is definitely levels of torn ACLs. Big difference between McGahee and Thomas. Still amazing to think what Thomas would have been with surgeons abilities these days.

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    Didn't know about Thomas. John Elway played his entire College and Pro career without an ACL in his left knee. He trashed it in High School and back then it was considered a career ending injury, so he didn't get it repaired.
    Yeah, I used to see Elway at Copper all the time when I worked there. He wasn't allowed to ski. He'd hang out and watch his family. That just blows....

Quote Originally Posted by Cannonball View Post
    Yeah, I used to see Elway at Copper all the time when I worked there. He wasn't allowed to ski. He'd hang out and watch his family. That just blows....
    Bledsoe had it in his Patriots contract that he couldn't ski. I wouldn't be surprised if skiing was part of the reason why he retired as young as he did. He could have hung on as a back up QB for a few more years if he wanted to.

I wonder if his custom skis are any good?

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    Bledsoe had it in his Patriots contract that he couldn't ski. I wouldn't be surprised if skiing was part of the reason why he retired as young as he did. He could have hung on as a back up QB for a few more years if he wanted to.

I wonder if his custom skis are any good?
    Count me out as being a Bledsoe fan. Terrible pocket presence....terrible at reading defenses.....long delivery. They figured him out pretty quickly. On the bright side, we could have drafted Rick Mirer instead.

Quote Originally Posted by MadMadWorld View Post
    Count me out as being a Bledsoe fan. Terrible pocket presence....terrible at reading defenses.....long delivery. They figured him out pretty quickly. On the bright side, we could have drafted Rick Mirer instead.
    Does Bledsoe like spring skiing?

Quote Originally Posted by steamboat1 View Post
    Does Bledsoe like spring skiing?

Friend has skied with Bledsoe and said he is very good and doesn't shy away from anything. said he was a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by MadMadWorld View Post
    Figured him out quickly? That's kind of harsh. He had a 6-7 year run where he was among the best QBs in the league, then had 1 more great year in Buf and another solid year in Dal.
    http://www.pro-football-reference.co...B/BledDr00.htm

Spring is park time for me. Since bumps are really not much fun on a board. But it's great to hit big jumps without the threat of shattering your face on a boilerplate landing. If the coverage is good, the woods are awesome in the spring. I'll ride until its just not worth the 2+ hour drive anymore, then I switch to mountain biking. I love when the two seasons overlap. One year we started downhilling at Mt. Snow when we had to cross huge patches of snow in shady spots on the trails. Definitely added a new element of difficulty to the trails!

Thread Information