New Product: The Mountain Collective (TM) Pass

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 57
  1. #1
    thetrailboss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    NEK by Birth; Alta/Snowbird by Choice
    Posts
    27,636

    Exclamation New Product: The Mountain Collective (TM) Pass

    Alta just released their pass prices for this season and I noticed at the bottom that there is a new program called the Mountain Collective (TM) that is offered through Liftopia.

    Announcing the Mountain Collective™, an extraordinary alliance of the world's best independent resorts. This unprecedented collaboration represents a powerful opportunity to experience the ultimate winter. For the 2012-2013 winter season, skiers and riders* are invited to join the Mountain Collective™. Those who join the Mountain Collective™ receive two free days and an unlimited 50% off lift tickets, plus exclusive lodging deals at each of four destinations: Alta, Aspen/Snowmass, Jackson Hole and Squaw Valley/Alpine Meadows. With the Mountain Collective™, it's now possible for passionate skiers and riders* to claim thousands of vertical feet and chase ideal winter conditions across Colorado, Utah, Wyoming and California.

    http://www.alta.com/pages/themountaincollective.php

    So for $349 between now and 11/19/12 you get two free days at each of these resorts, and then 50% off tickets thereafter:

    *Alta
    *Aspen/Snowmass
    *Jackson Hole
    *Alpine Meadows
    *Squaw Valley



    Methinks that this is to compete with Monarch's pass.

    Another good option for those that want to come out west every once in a while.....
    Live, Ski, or Die!


  2. #2
    I just got an e-mail from Liftopia about this. What a dream would it be for them to offer something similar over here. $349 for 2 free passes and 50% off tickets thereafter to say Sugarbush, Magic, Cannon, and Saddleback.

  3. #3
    JimG.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Hopewell Jct., NY
    Posts
    10,452
    The Mountain Collective, huh?

    Sounds like something the Borg from Star Trek would be into.

    Resistance is futile.

  4. #4
    saw on FB as well, sounds pretty good....
    Free Stickers - e-mail your address to nick@alpinezone.com.

    Check AZ out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo and Google+

    Get AZ on your mobile phone!

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    saw on FB as well, sounds pretty good....

    Is it two free lift tickets for use at any of those resorts, or two free tickets per resort? Im pretty sure its the former.

    I'll confirm with my wife tonight as she oversees these programs for JHole, but if memory serves I thought she mentioned its two tickets that can be used at any of those, not two lift tix for each one. That being said, this is nowhere near a good deal, especially considering you can get close to this deal (or better at Alta, Alpine Meadows) just by showing up. Two full price lift tickets and a room at the Hostel X is less than 349, and thats at the new $105 peak ticket rate.

    And the Monarch pass is joke and is nowhere near the competitive set of these resorts in the "mountain collective". Its (Monarch) really not that great a deal when you look at the resorts that it offers. Mostly feeder hills then the big boys just give discounts. Noone in the JHole, Squaw market is going to get that pass over a Squaw or JHole pass or vice versa.
    Last edited by AdironRider; Aug 14, 2012 at 3:29 PM.
    Live Free or Die
    137 days 08-09
    16 days 09-10

  6. #6
    I got email about this as well. Sounded interesting at first, but those resorts are all far apart, except the two in California. That's either a lot of flying or a lot of driving, which pretty much offsets what you'd save on buying lift tickets. Would be more interesting to me if it was at five resorts in one area, like SLC or Denver.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Is it two free lift tickets for use at any of those resorts, or two free tickets per resort? Im pretty sure its the former.

    I'll confirm with my wife tonight as she oversees these programs for JHole, but if memory serves I thought she mentioned its two tickets that can be used at any of those, not two lift tix for each one. That being said, this is nowhere near a good deal, especially considering you can get close to this deal (or better at Alta, Alpine Meadows) just by showing up. Two full price lift tickets and a room at the Hostel X is less than 349, and thats at the new $105 peak ticket rate.

    And the Monarch pass is joke and is nowhere near the competitive set of these resorts in the "mountain collective". Its (Monarch) really not that great a deal when you look at the resorts that it offers. Mostly feeder hills then the big boys just give discounts. Noone in the JHole, Squaw market is going to get that pass over a Squaw or JHole pass or vice versa.

    This is a lot of words to say that 2 free tickets are not as good of a deal as 8 free tickets.

    However, the e-mail I got says, "Two free days at each".

  8. #8
    thetrailboss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    NEK by Birth; Alta/Snowbird by Choice
    Posts
    27,636
    I just read it again and thought that they meant 8 free days. You're right in that it appears to be 2 free days.
    Live, Ski, or Die!


  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by St. Bear View Post
    This is a lot of words to say that 2 free tickets are not as good of a deal as 8 free tickets.

    However, the e-mail I got says, "Two free days at each".
    Hence the I need to check with my wife comment. Liftopia implies its two at each, Alta and the other resorts pages imply its only two tickets total that can be used at any of them. I tend to tune out most of my wife's daily updates on these types of things these days.

    Honestly, if it is 8 free tickets at 2 per resort, it seems like a decent promotion but I don't think people are going to buy it that much.

    They are aiming at maybe 10% of the clientel that frequents these resorts (the I need a good deal types) but then spreading out the mountains in a 'jet set' type grouping.

    Honestly, who has the coin to travel to all these places, but not enough coin that they need a deal to do it? Answer: very very few.
    Live Free or Die
    137 days 08-09
    16 days 09-10

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Honestly, it seems like a decent promotion but I don't think people are going to buy it that much.

    They are aiming at maybe 10% of the clientel that frequents these resorts (the I need a good deal types) but then spreading out the mountains in a 'jet set' type grouping.

    Honestly, who has the coin to travel to all these places, but not enough coin that they need a deal to do it? Answer: very very few.
    This I agree with wholeheartedly. That may be their thought process though. It's more of a marketing/advertising ploy than a valuable product.

    It appears to be organized (or at least managed by) Liftopia. I wonder if there is any ambition to develop something similar on the East Coast? Seems it would be a natural fit given the closer distances and tendency to day trip. Depending on the mountains, I'd be willing to pay even a little more than $349.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 2:30 PM.