• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Truth in resorts snow reports

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
The award for the week goes to JP, on their facebook page today:

Dear guests,

If you'd like to see my best side, today you won't be viewing it. I'm just not feeling like myself- foggy, congested with a cloudy head and minor fever. If you'd like to come visit anyway and keep an old friend company, your time here is always valued dearly. I should return to my cool self in a day or so.

Sincerely,
Jay Peak

(oops, wrong forum. Would you please move me? Thanks!)

fbrissette

The award for the week goes to JP, on their facebook page today:

Dear guests,

If you'd like to see my best side, today you won't be viewing it. I'm just not feeling like myself- foggy, congested with a cloudy head and minor fever. If you'd like to come visit anyway and keep an old friend company, your time here is always valued dearly. I should return to my cool self in a day or so.

Sincerely,
Jay Peak

(oops, wrong forum. Would you please move me? Thanks!)

That was a fun ski report, but I'll believe in truthful ski reports when I see something like this for the upcoming week-end:

'While we have 90% of our trails open, please do note that all glades are ice covered and unskiable. On natural terrain, please note that you'll likely destroy your back trying to hit any mogul on the hill. Groomed runs will be OK for about 60 minutes, after which they'll turn to an ice fest with hordes of skiers trying to survive skidding sideways. Unless you're a ski racer with really sharp slalom skis, we strongly suggest that you stay home and pray for more snow or more unseasonably warm weather'

BenedictGomez

That was a fun ski report, but I'll believe in truthful ski reports when I see something like this for the upcoming week-end:

'While we have 90% of our trails open, please do note that all glades are ice covered and unskiable. On natural terrain, please note that you'll likely destroy your back trying to hit any mogul on the hill. Groomed runs will be OK for about 60 minutes, after which they'll turn to an ice fest with hordes of skiers trying to survive skidding sideways. Unless you're a ski racer with really sharp slalom skis, we strongly suggest that you stay home and pray for more snow or more unseasonably warm weather'

Exactly.

I think Bolton Valley's report from today is more honest and less cryptic.

With a clearer understanding of the current conditions and our Patrol team having taken their morning runs, due to yesterday's weather we will now have 11 trails open for today.

My advice? A couple runs, followed by a beer and a burger. The brews in the JMT were not watered down by the precipitation, so you’re good!