• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hunter AZ Gathering - 12/15/2006

Greg

Staff member
Okay, so I know we discourage foul langauge here, but sometimes allow it for "emphasis". I am going to officially take my potty mouth pass right now...

Here's my first video attempt:
Hunter 12/15/2006

It's a bit long at just over 8 minutes and a bit over 20 MB. It may take a while to download, but I think it's worth it...

I realized that I didn't get everyone and I apologize. It was a large group and it was hard for me to keep track of everyone...

Holy SHIT! That was effin awesome!!! :spread: That's your first attempt? :blink: Really, really awesome. You totally captured the overall spirit of the day. I will be watching this one over and over this week for sure. I told you editing video can quickly become addicting. I love the tunes, subtle use of effects and the zoom quality of the camera is awesome. That's the big difference between yours my point and shoot approach. Time to take my wife's mini-DVD cam out! I love the 16:9 aspect ratio.

Seriously, Brian. FANTASTIC job!! I'm really glad I got that clip of you on Hellgate. Great stuff.

:beer:

2knees

I had pm'd jack97 and asked him for his honest opinion. Its all good. He gives good advice. Maybe I should've noted that in here. My fault.

wife and i passed on the way in so she had no clue. lol. the things you do for skiing. My legs are still sore today, climbing stairs is a bit painful.

bvibert

Staff member
Ha! My bobble at 4:11 is cracking me up! :lol: Looks like I'm running down stairs... Gimme some props though...good recovery, no? :oops: ;) :lol:

Yeah, I guess it does have that stair stepping quality to it... :lol: You did recover pretty darn well, I'll give you that. ;)

bvibert

Staff member
Okay, so I know we discourage foul langauge here, but sometimes allow it for "emphasis". I am going to officially take my potty mouth pass right now...

Holy SHIT! That was effin awesome!!! :spread: That's your first attempt? :blink: Really, really awesome. You totally captured the overall spirit of the day. I will be watching this one over and over this week for sure. I told you editing video can quickly become addicting. I love the tunes, subtle use of effects and the zoom quality of the camera is awesome. That's the big difference between yours my point and shoot approach. Time to take my wife's mini-DVD cam out! I love the 16:9 aspect ratio.

Seriously, Brian. FANTASTIC job!! I'm really glad I got that clip of you on Hellgate. Great stuff.

:beer:

Wow, I feel honored... I got Greg to swear in the forum! :eek: ;)

Thanks for the complements guys. I wish I had gotten more footage of the rest of the group, but the bumpers were so much fun to watch. :)

I've also watched it more times than I can count, the transition between Mach 5 segment and the All Mixed Up segment is pissing me off though. Great, now I have things to work on in my skiing and in my video producing skills... :roll:

;)

Hawkshot99

Those are some nice videos. While you bumpers looked good in the vids. you looked much better in person. Watching 2knees tearing through the bumps was just cool to see.

bvibert

Staff member
BTW, if anyone is interested there is a larger version of my vid up there, at 122 MB it'll take a wile to download though... ;)

Greg

Staff member
BTW, if anyone is interested there is a larger version of my vid up there, at 122 MB it'll take a wile to download though... ;)
Happily waiting for the higher res download now. Watch that bandwidth, Brian! :eek: If you run into any issues, lemme know and I can mirror it somewhere.

very impressive gathering......esp so early in the season
Agreed. the day turned out great. I will be honest. When we started to see how big this turnout was going to be, I was getting a bit nervous about it. I just get like that, I guess. I wanted everyone to have a good time and things to go smoothly. I was also concerned about being able to land the group rate thing and that we'd be able to efficiently pull that off. The Friday before, I skied with Jim at Hunter and he chilled me out. He said that everyone knew what was expected and to not worry about it. I took his advice and just mellowed out and at the end of the day, everything fell into place. Thanks again to the group rate folks for pulling through. It turned out to be a really great day and I'm psyched we got a bunch of quality footage to document it all! :)

eastcoastskiier

great videos guys.. makes the bumps look fun... ah i'll ahve to give them more of a shot next time. this should become a monthly thing, someone needs to pick the place and get the ball in motion for the second meet of the season

bvibert

Staff member
Happily waiting for the higher res download now. Watch that bandwidth, Brian! :eek: If you run into any issues, lemme know and I can mirror it somewhere.

I figured that not too many people would want to wait that long, so hopefully it won't be a problem...

jack97

I don't know what you were looking at Jack. I haven't seen such tight form since the WC Bump comp at WF. 2knees ROCKS those piles old school style. What's not on the vid is a straightline run down ike were 2knees didn't waiver an inch off his line in the bumps. :grin:

As 2knees mentioned, he pm'ed for my opinion. I didn't know the vid existed. Hunter looks great!

I know 2knees can make the zipperline but he's doing it while in the backseat and absorbing it with his lower back. Something he is able to get away with when it spring bumps but when it gets firm to icey and wants speed control... got to look for other tech. He wants to improve on his absorbtion & extension and driving the tips down. Once he nails these, he will have a lot of tools he can bring to the bumps.

Greg

Staff member
Nice new avatar!
Ha! Nice avatar, Andy. He pointed out on Friday that it says "AlpineZone.com" on it due to the group purchase... :lol:

So it was worth holding back a couple of times to wait for me to setup? ;)
I think you were able to get a lot of great footage without disrupting the flow that day. The turns on Hellgate and Minya are great trails for setting up to grab some footage.

this should become a monthly thing, someone needs to pick the place and get the ball in motion for the second meet of the season
These meet-ups happen all the time. Granted this one was bigger than most, but smaller groups are gathering quite often. Just keep an eye on this forum:

http://forums.alpinezone.com/trips-events-forum/

Feel free to propose something too if you want.

Looks like a fun day I missed.... Sweet vids. Conditions at hunter still look ok for the weather we are having.
I was thinking about you on Friday, Dave that it would have been cool if you were there. There will be other times...

Good to meet all of you guys ;) Nice videos, too. I'm sure we'll meet again
Likewise, zook. I saw you skiing from the lift a few times. Nice controlled turns.

bvibert

Staff member
I think you were able to get a lot of great footage without disrupting the flow that day. The turns on Hellgate and Minya are great trails for setting up to grab some footage.

I thought so too, but there were a couple of times that we asked the group to hold up for a second and some people whined... ;)

Those turns are definitely really good spots to get good footage. Actually there are quite a few spots that work out well for filming there...

JimG.

Staff member
That's it...Greg, you're fired as my cinematographer. I'm replacing you with bvibert...he got a few of my better runs down the left edge of Hellgate. You Mr. Greg? Bloopers I say, nothing but bloopers!

I'll give you credit you got a vid of one clean run down Ike. But that's it.

I appreciate that you gave me the option of editing that out, but it would have ruined the spirit of the day.

Much fun gang.

Greg

Staff member
I appreciate that you gave me the option of editing that out, but it would have ruined the spirit of the day.
And I appreciate you letting me put it in. I had fun with it and the Chili Peppers tune:

"Hit Me!!!"

:lol:

2knees

I just got a chance to watch them now. My home pc is a pile of crap and wont play movies anymore.

i was cringing expecting video of my slide down hellgate. Unlike you jim, it looks like i managed to avoid the camera on my yardsale. You nailed ike the last time for sure.

Nice work greg and brian. those were amazingly done! Once again, i was impressed by the talent there. Spent most of my day with colin, hpd, greg and jimg. Its educational watching good bumpers like that all day. thanks again and we have to do a whiteface trip sometime.