Hunter AZ Gathering - 12/15/2006 - Page 6

AlpineZone

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Happily waiting for the higher res download now. Watch that bandwidth, Brian! If you run into any issues, lemme know and I can mirror it somewhere.
    I figured that not too many people would want to wait that long, so hopefully it won't be a problem...

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    I don't know what you were looking at Jack. I haven't seen such tight form since the WC Bump comp at WF. 2knees ROCKS those piles old school style. What's not on the vid is a straightline run down ike were 2knees didn't waiver an inch off his line in the bumps.
    As 2knees mentioned, he pm'ed for my opinion. I didn't know the vid existed. Hunter looks great!

I know 2knees can make the zipperline but he's doing it while in the backseat and absorbing it with his lower back. Something he is able to get away with when it spring bumps but when it gets firm to icey and wants speed control... got to look for other tech. He wants to improve on his absorbtion & extension and driving the tips down. Once he nails these, he will have a lot of tools he can bring to the bumps.

Looks like a fun day I missed.... Sweet vids. Conditions at hunter still look ok for the weather we are having.
    Dave
    11/12 Season 13
    12/13 Season 17
    13/14 Season 22
    14/15 Season 30
    15/16 Season 24
    16/17 Season 32
    17/18 Season 10

Good to meet all of you guys Nice videos, too. I'm sure we'll meet again

Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post
    Nice new avatar!
    Ha! Nice avatar, Andy. He pointed out on Friday that it says "AlpineZone.com" on it due to the group purchase...

Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post
    So it was worth holding back a couple of times to wait for me to setup?
    I think you were able to get a lot of great footage without disrupting the flow that day. The turns on Hellgate and Minya are great trails for setting up to grab some footage.

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoastskiier View Post
    this should become a monthly thing, someone needs to pick the place and get the ball in motion for the second meet of the season
    These meet-ups happen all the time. Granted this one was bigger than most, but smaller groups are gathering quite often. Just keep an eye on this forum:

http://forums.alpinezone.com/trips-events-forum/

Feel free to propose something too if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by ALLSKIING View Post
    Looks like a fun day I missed.... Sweet vids. Conditions at hunter still look ok for the weather we are having.
    I was thinking about you on Friday, Dave that it would have been cool if you were there. There will be other times...

Quote Originally Posted by zook View Post
    Good to meet all of you guys Nice videos, too. I'm sure we'll meet again
    Likewise, zook. I saw you skiing from the lift a few times. Nice controlled turns.
    I ski double black diamonds.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I think you were able to get a lot of great footage without disrupting the flow that day. The turns on Hellgate and Minya are great trails for setting up to grab some footage.
    I thought so too, but there were a couple of times that we asked the group to hold up for a second and some people whined...

Those turns are definitely really good spots to get good footage. Actually there are quite a few spots that work out well for filming there...
    Brian

Awesome vids guys, really enjoyed watching them.
    www.firstlightphotographics.com

" Some failure in life is inevitable. It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all -- in which case, you fail by default,"

To beat the grim reaper in life it's not about how long you live but how you live it.

That's it...Greg, you're fired as my cinematographer. I'm replacing you with bvibert...he got a few of my better runs down the left edge of Hellgate. You Mr. Greg? Bloopers I say, nothing but bloopers!

I'll give you credit you got a vid of one clean run down Ike. But that's it.

I appreciate that you gave me the option of editing that out, but it would have ruined the spirit of the day.

Much fun gang.

Quote Originally Posted by JimG. View Post
    I appreciate that you gave me the option of editing that out, but it would have ruined the spirit of the day.
    And I appreciate you letting me put it in. I had fun with it and the Chili Peppers tune:

"Hit Me!!!"

I ski double black diamonds.

I just got a chance to watch them now. My home pc is a pile of crap and wont play movies anymore.

i was cringing expecting video of my slide down hellgate. Unlike you jim, it looks like i managed to avoid the camera on my yardsale. You nailed ike the last time for sure.

Nice work greg and brian. those were amazingly done! Once again, i was impressed by the talent there. Spent most of my day with colin, hpd, greg and jimg. Its educational watching good bumpers like that all day. thanks again and we have to do a whiteface trip sometime.

Thread Information