• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hunter AZ Gathering - 12/15/2006

eastcoastskiier

ha.. the helmet cam... can't wait to see the footage.. the mountains seem to be hurting even more now then they were taht day

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
I spent a good part of Saturday working on the footage I have. Got to warn you nothing great, the cam is ok but need to get my legs back so that I can keep up with you guys. :( Anyway, I finished it and it's 200+ MB. I tried uploading it a few time to my server and it never finishes. Now here it is 6:40 AM, I'm packing to go to VT for the week and giving it one last try. If it don't work then sorry, but it'll have to wait til 2007 :cry:

eastcoastskiier

2007?!?! ah thats good, the footage of 'THE SPRAY' looked pretty good.. actually i was very suprised at how good the quality was; way above my expectations!.. lets keep our fingers crossed that the upload works first try when you head on back..

AndyZee - its tough trying to keep up with you in the ski count. seems like your always traveling somewheres for a few day stay at a mountain.. keep it up

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Hey everyone, sorry I haven't forgotten about the vid from Hunter.Between one thing and another, haven't had time to get to it. Now my biggest issue has been uploading to my server. The uploads seem to time out and I resume, but the file always comes out corrupted. But I did manage to get two up there, this one includes mostly JimG, but there are others:

http://killingtonaccess.com/Hunta20061215/hunta2.wmv 26MB

And this one is mostly Vee and Zook:

http://killingtonaccess.com/Hunta20061215/hunta1.wmv 32MB

eastcoastskiier

very nice... i only have time to watch the first video for im heading up to Jiminy Peak to ski for a few hours.... but i like the shot where HawkShot88 has a little brain fart.. pretty decent recovery...

i'll have to view the second video later on tonight

GREAT JOB

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
very nice... i only have time to watch the first video for im heading up to Jiminy Peak to ski for a few hours.... but i like the shot where HawkShot88 has a little brain fart.. pretty decent recovery...

i'll have to view the second video later on tonight

GREAT JOB

Thanks, still have a lot more footage I have to split up, it's just finding the time. Right after work, I'm off to Killington for the weekend.

JimG.

Staff member
Hey everyone, sorry I haven't forgotten about the vid from Hunter.Between one thing and another, haven't had time to get to it. Now my biggest issue has been uploading to my server. The uploads seem to time out and I resume, but the file always comes out corrupted. But I did manage to get two up there, this one includes mostly JimG, but there are others:

http://killingtonaccess.com/Hunta20061215/hunta2.wmv 26MB

And this one is mostly Vee and Zook:

http://killingtonaccess.com/Hunta20061215/hunta1.wmv 32MB

Nice!

Greg

Staff member

What amazes me most about this video is how much Grassi has improved since then. You know that infamous part where Brian sprays him after he goes down? :lol: Check out the lead up to that (starts around 1:40). I've seen Chris ski since then and I'm sure he can ski through that section on Hellgate much better now. Keep at it, Chris! :beer:

Grassi21

Holy S. I would like to say that those ugly ugly turns (if you can call them that) leading up to my fall are embarrassing. True, I wasn't in the right "state of mind", but that looked more like me last year than this. Now I'm really motivated to ski with you guys again. I've come a long way.... but there is still a lot that I have to learn.

Nice vids Andy.

Grassi21

What amazes me most about this video is how much Grassi has improved since then. You know that infamous part where Brian sprays him after he goes down? :lol: Check out the lead up to that (starts around 1:40). I've seen Chris ski since then and I'm sure he can ski through that section on Hellgate much better now. Keep at it, Chris! :beer:

Thanks for vouching for me. I still say its andy's fault. I just need to start circulating some more recent footage here on AZ.

Greg

Staff member
Holy S. I would like to say that those ugly ugly turns (if you can call them that) leading up to my fall are embarrassing. True, I wasn't in the right "state of mind", but that looked more like me last year than this. Now I'm really motivated to ski with you guys again. I've come a long way.... but there is still a lot that I have to learn.

You can tell you were really pensive and nervous. Probably a bit intimidating being the guy who's been skiing only one season going out with some guys that have been skiing 30 or 40+ years. That takes some balls and I give you props for that. Skiing with other AZers makes me very much aware with how much I still need to learn...

Grassi21

You can tell you were really pensive and nervous. Probably a bit intimidating being the guy who's been skiing only one season going out with some guys that have been skiing 30 or 40+ years. That takes some balls and I give you props for that. Skiing with other AZers makes me very much aware with how much I still need to learn...

And if you notice, I started skiing into the bumped up section of HG and then back to the right were those itts bittsy little bumps were starting up for the afternoon session. Its all part of learning.