• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

March Snowmaking

wa-loaf

Looks like Sugarloaf and Sunday River have busted out the guns and are planning on going long into the spring.

542636_10151298382511879_1793303668_n.jpg

556686_10151341841062876_466960473_n.jpg

wa-loaf

or the rain/warmth really did a number on them and they are recovering.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Maybe the weather and the fact that their large competitor to the south announced that they are making snow.

I wonder if Jay will follow.

Jay, Sugarloaf, Sunday River, and Killington look to be committed to staying open as late as possible. It will be interesting to see if Sugarbush makes snow on Stein's because Sugarbush used to be in the "open late" pack until recently.

jimmywilson69

Doesn't Jay have a cut off to when they can blow snow? I thought that was mentioned recently in a Jay Peak Thread

Conrad

Website
www.youtube.com
or the rain/warmth really did a number on them and they are recovering.

I think it is more to freshen up the ice, and to get people out for this weekend who might be worried about the conditions. I'm pretty sure they still have plenty of snow, it's just frozen solid.

HowieT2

Maybe the weather and the fact that their large competitor to the south announced that they are making snow.

I wonder if Jay will follow.

Jay, Sugarloaf, Sunday River, and Killington look to be committed to staying open as late as possible. It will be interesting to see if Sugarbush makes snow on Stein's because Sugarbush used to be in the "open late" pack until recently.

doubtful. hopefully it will be academic.

soposkier

Not surprised to see Sunday River making snow, but surprised (and very happy) to see White Heat get some love. Hopefully they dont shut down white cap early before the snow melts like they have before. Good to see the loaf blowing on candyside, that usually melts out well before everything else. Im feeling atleast mid may for the loaf.

dlague

Jay peak made snow last year on March 25th! I am sure that they will once again if needed! There are some promising systems approaching so the resort hopefully will benefit from that!

Killington under the new president has commited to take back from Jay Peak the latest open spot! They are also committed to taking away the party lime light from Sugarloaf and Sunday River! But it will those four!

Last years story about Jay Peak making snow at the end of March!

http://www.wcax.com/story/17251077/jay-peak-to-continue-snow-making

C-Rex

Looks like Ol' Mother Nature is going to throw us a helping hand middle of next week as well!! I think I'm finally going to use the free Jay passes I've been sitting on. Only question is do I go Thurs/Fri or Fri/Sat...?

ScottySkis

Looks like Ol' Mother Nature is going to throw us a helping hand middle of next week as well!! I think I'm finally going to use the free Jay passes I've been sitting on. Only question is do I go Thurs/Fri or Fri/Sat...?

If you can go before storm hits and you be making powder runs while everyone else is stuck because or avanlation control, oh wait that is Alta/ Snowbird still go before snow comes have fun times.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: