• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mount Snow Parking

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
This Sunday I'm going to Mount Snow for St. Patty's! I waited too late to buy a 17$ ticket, so I have to buy a Connecticut Ski Council group rate ticket, which is only available at the Sundance lodge. I'm planning on arriving at 9:00. Will the parking lot at Sundance have free spots left, or should I get there earlier. Thanks!

jaytrem

This Sunday I'm going to Mount Snow for St. Patty's! I waited too late to buy a 17$ ticket, so I have to buy a Connecticut Ski Council group rate ticket, which is only available at the Sundance lodge. I'm planning on arriving at 9:00. Will the parking lot at Sundance have free spots left, or should I get there earlier. Thanks!

Last weekend they had a sign at the Sundance lot entrance saying the CT folks could get a ticket at any window. Not sure if that will be the case this weekend. Enjoy!!!

drjeff

With "only" 2,000 $17 tix sold, those folks + some who likely bought their $99 Sat/Sun ticket this weekend, plus the usual season pass and day ticket crowd shouldn't make it much more crowded than say a decent Saturday crowd (The first couple of years they did the $17 St Paddy's tix when the 17th was midweek, the number of tix was unlimited, and the weather turned out PERFECT spring, the crowds were HUGE!!

9AM at Sundance Lodge should be fine- make sure to grab at beer in the bar upstairs in the lodge there as Sunday is the last day of the season for the Sundance Lodge this year

ss20

With "only" 2,000 $17 tix sold, those folks + some who likely bought their $99 Sat/Sun ticket this weekend, plus the usual season pass and day ticket crowd shouldn't make it much more crowded than say a decent Saturday crowd (The first couple of years they did the $17 St Paddy's tix when the 17th was midweek, the number of tix was unlimited, and the weather turned out PERFECT spring, the crowds were HUGE!!

9AM at Sundance Lodge should be fine- make sure to grab at beer in the bar upstairs in the lodge there as Sunday is the last day of the season for the Sundance Lodge this year

Thanks. They really sold 2,000 17$ tickets?! That's a great day at my local hill! You seem like someone who's "in" at Mount Snow. How many people can they get on a mid-winter Saturday? Just wondering.

drjeff

A "huge" day is around 10k guests on the mountain :eek:

5k is what as a longtime season passholder and 40 day a year Mount Snow skier i'd call a typical winter weekend day.

With all lifts spinning and likely about 90% of the terrain open on Sunday, if you're not riding the Bluebird all day, it won't seem too crowded (unless your on Cuzzins Deck in the main base area trying to get a beer!!)

Conrad

Website
www.youtube.com
If you might as well, you should try to photograph some of the ski lifts that are rarely open. I've noticed that some lifts at Mount Snow often do not even open up on weekends (am I wrong?).

drjeff

"Most" lifts will spin on a regular weekend day (atleast between 10 and 2) the lifts that are usually the 1st to shut down if crowds don't dictate their need during those times are the Ego Alley Triple and Sundance Triple (usually the last to open/first to close) and then if the crowds on the Northface are light (and the winds not howling out of the NW!!!) the Outpost Triple on the Northface and then if the Carinthia crowds aren't too crazy, the Heavy Metal Double. After that, if the base area crowds aren't too bad, the Grand Summit Express will close for the day

ss20

If you might as well, you should try to photograph some of the ski lifts that are rarely open. I've noticed that some lifts at Mount Snow often do not even open up on weekends (am I wrong?).
You're right, Sundance is sometimes open, but Ego Alley is rarely. Ego Alley is my top priority now that the Bluebird's been all photoed up. If Ego isn't running I'll at least photograph the racehouse/upper terminal. I'll get some footage of that lift and the Grand Summit that you could possibly incorporate into your Mt. Snow gondola video. I can see it now! Mount Snow's Gondola's: 27 Years Later. I'm also getting Sunbrook since that's slated for replacement.

drjeff

Sunbrook per the passholders meeting a few weeks ago will spin in its current form through atleast the '16-'17 season based on current plans by management.

If you want a story about how I was evac'd from the Ego Alley lift about a month ago (I was just past the top of the yardsale trail before the Ego Alley trail feeds into exhibition when the lift stopped!) Swing by The Station Taproom(2nd floor main base lodge) after about 12:30 on Sunday and ask either Pete or Nicki (the bartenders) to point out where I am(a very good chance i'll be there with my wife and i'll have a green t-shirt with a smiley face that says "BEER" on it on Sunday!) and the story and a beer are on me!

Conrad

Website
www.youtube.com
You're right, Sundance is sometimes open, but Ego Alley is rarely. Ego Alley is my top priority now that the Bluebird's been all photoed up. If Ego isn't running I'll at least photograph the racehouse/upper terminal. I'll get some footage of that lift and the Grand Summit that you could possibly incorporate into your Mt. Snow gondola video. I can see it now! Mount Snow's Gondola's: 27 Years Later. I'm also getting Sunbrook since that's slated for replacement.

Cool beans

2knees

Ego Alley Triple

The original question has been answered more or less but i wanted to ask Dr. Jeff one more thing. Snow once seeded ego alley after racing shut down and it was awesome. The main face gets alot more sun then the north face. why did they cut it off after one year?

vcunning

Sunbrook per the passholders meeting a few weeks ago will spin in its current form through atleast the '16-'17 season based on current plans by management.

If you want a story about how I was evac'd from the Ego Alley lift about a month ago (I was just past the top of the yardsale trail before the Ego Alley trail feeds into exhibition when the lift stopped!) Swing by The Station Taproom(2nd floor main base lodge) after about 12:30 on Sunday and ask either Pete or Nicki (the bartenders) to point out where I am(a very good chance i'll be there with my wife and i'll have a green t-shirt with a smiley face that says "BEER" on it on Sunday!) and the story and a beer are on me!

Or you look for the barstool that says reserved for DRJeff . . . I might be sitting next to him

drjeff

The original question has been answered more or less but i wanted to ask Dr. Jeff one more thing. Snow once seeded ego alley after racing shut down and it was awesome. The main face gets alot more sun then the north face. why did they cut it off after one year?

Not a clue to be honest with you. And this year they really haven't done much seeding at all to date :confused: Not sure why as when they've seeded some low angle bumps in a conspicuous location on the main face in the past, they seem to get a whole bunch of traffic using them

Newpylong

As Jeff says if Ego opens its on the busy weekends and only from like 10-2. Now with the Bluebird it's triple redundant, but still good to have as its the only fixed grip lift out of Main Base. They will likely retain it and incur yearly maintenance costs just for that fact. Definitely a cool frankenlift.

Sundance runs a little more - usually every mid winter weekend. 9-2/3pm. That lift serves some great higher underutilized terrain but is one cold ass ride sometimes.

C-Rex

To answer the OP: Parking at Sundance should be fine and if it's jammed, just wait around a few minutes since a lot of people just park there to get there passes and then go park up by the main lifts, so spots should open up.

Generally, Mount Snow only sells CSC group rate passes from the Sundance lodge, UNLESS it's an Awareness Day, and then they sell them from any window. So, since this sunday is an Awareness Day for Stratton, go to Sundance first unless that sign is up.

ScottySkis

Fyi great deli under hotel on the base. I would eat their for great sandwiches.:):):):):):thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

ScottySkis

I saw that there when I went to Mt. Snow a few years ago. I was thinking "Why put a deli in the middle of a hotel?!" Didn't eat there though.

It not for skiier or snowboarding but mostly hotel staff and people staying in the hotel.