• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

You realize it's Spring when....

TropicTundR

1)...you hear everyone say this is their "last" weekend after listening about how great their "last" weekend trip to Vail, or any West mountain:sadwalk:.

Morwax

Flatlanders go into full panic mode about having to remove another foot of snow from the mountain bike trails.

C-Rex

I start adding sunblock to my list of crap to bring to the mountain, and the seasonal beers get lighter.

SIKSKIER

You realize its spring in New England when the temp is below zero in Franconia this morning and a big snowstorm is on tap for tomorrow night.

jimmywilson69

Elk is 3+ hours from me. I've always wanted to go, but it's just to far to do a day trip, and if I'm going to "stay over night" I'm going the xtra few hours to the Catskills or VT.

ScottySkis

Elk is 3+ hours from me. I've always wanted to go, but it's just to far to do a day trip, and if I'm going to "stay over night" I'm going the xtra few hours to the Catskills or VT.

I like Elk better then Bell. I like the light crowds on weekends compared with the 3 major Catskills resorts, I rather be at Elk.

jimmywilson69

I like Elk better then Bell. I like the light crowds on weekends compared with the 3 major Catskills resorts, I rather be at Elk.

Agreed. that's why when I go North I go all the way to VT Killington or farther.

Maybe I'll have to suck it up and get the Scotty tour of Elk someday though!

ScottySkis

Agreed. that's why when I go North I go all the way to VT Killington or farther.

Maybe I'll have to suck it up and get the Scotty tour of Elk someday though!
I just learning the hill but sounds like a plan, I like my Roxbury NY hill more then Elk, but their open terrain wise as much as Elk is, unless I hear snow makings upgrade this summer at Platty maybe, I can hope.:thumbup::thumbup:

4aprice

Maybe closer to you then Elk, Camelback was in really good shape this morning (no bumps though). They plan on being open daily till Easter then closing during the week and reopening the following weekend. Base is pretty good and they should make it (+ they are getting snow tonight).

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ