• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Week of March 24 to 30th, 2013

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Me thinks something might be brewing for late this weekend.

ensecm_nnn6h_st_NH_CONCORD.png

ensecm_tmp2m_st_NH_CONCORD.png
Precip spike with temps below freezing... or slightly above in the valleys. Of course it's too early to even prognosticate, but I can dream can't I? :)

Attachments

• ensecm_ff10m_st_NH_CONCORD.png
    ensecm_ff10m_st_NH_CONCORD.png
    33.1 KB · Views: 150

BenedictGomez

All the models have a storm, the question is the track it takes. This one may wind up being more of a southern deal than a New England thing, but there's still tons of time to watch it. Awfully nice having two storms to monitor though! :snow:

BenedictGomez

So as expected, this is staying south, though the Canadian model (which Bastardi is favoring) has it coming as far north as NJ, s.NY, CT, etc....

On his map color codes he calls them, sleddable, plowable, deplorable. :)

sleddableplowabledeplor.jpg

ScottySkis

So as expected, this is staying south, though the Canadian model (which Bastardi is favoring) has it coming as far north as NJ, s.NY, CT, etc....

On his map color codes he calls them, sleddable, plowable, deplorable. :)

sleddableplowabledeplor.jpg

Sweet more snow for the Catskills and Elk hopefully. How can I afford to keep skiing this April, come on Lottery.:thumbup:

BenedictGomez

Well, Tim Kelly has been spot on this winter.

I hope he's wrong about the wind on Saturday, he's obviously looking at the GFS for that, because the UK, Canuck, and Euro dont have it obnoxiously windy this Saturday, but the GFS does.

BenedictGomez

The NWS is looking at wind too. But not too bad - 20 knots, no gusts. this is for Waitsfield, VT
Snowforecast

It's a little worse where I'll be, but again, that's GFS fed, and it's been the most craptastic of the models so far this winter, and given it's the outlier I'm not worried yet. Also, and I could be wrong, but IIRC it seems the GFS has been overstating the wind for a while now. Had me worried a few weeks ago and it turned out to only be about 10 mph.

BenedictGomez

The 00z NAM is out, and it has caved to the Canadian model by coming north and delivering a nice snowfall to e.AP, NJ, and NYC. Looks like about 10 inches for Jersey, but this model has WAY OVERDONE snowfall totals all winter.

Will be interesting to see what the EU shows in a few hours, as its' kept the precip way to the south in VA/MD, etc....

BenedictGomez

Boo NAM. Cheers European!

I wonder what the track record been on the Canadian model?

Not good. The wildcard here is that the Canadian government "upgraded" it just last month.

Even though the Euro is now the only model keeping all the precip to the South, you still have to respect it as by far the best model. Hopefully it caves to the others today, I'd like to be able to go snowshoeing at least ONCE this winter. My northwest area of New Jersey has been passed to the north or south by literally every single snowstorm this winter. Most we got in one "storm" was about 3.5 inches, definitely an all-time low in my lifetime.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
My northwest area of New Jersey has been passed to the north or south by literally every single snowstorm this winter. Most we got in one "storm" was about 3.5 inches, definitely an all-time low in my lifetime.
I hope you get the big dump and the resort areas have the intestinal fortitude to stay open. Hmm. Now where shall I go tomorrow, while all the other AZers are at the Bush???