• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mad River Glen 3/21/2012, Get it While You Can

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
We've been very lucky with our vacation, came up to VT for a week starting this past Sunday. Monday night storm hits :grin:. Today we decided to check out Mad River Glen today after skiing Killington since Sunday. We were not disappointed, blue skies, temps in the upper 20s to low 30s, no wind to speak off, great day. MRG has reported 20-24" of snow from this storm, no lying, plenty of powder all over the place and of course with the exception of the green trails and some blues, it all nice soft bumps. Unfortunately after skiing powder at Killington for the last two days and groomed the previous day, our legs were a bit shot, but we still managed to get four hours in. My wife's been a bit funny, right from the start she starts complaining her legs hurts and she's not sure how long she'll last. But the last few days that's been turning into a "one more run, one more", not complaining. :) As stated, MRG has plenty of snow, where you have powder, it's all nice soft bumps, loved them, my legs actually felt better after skiing them. Some of the steeper trails, did have some crap coming through, few rocks here, a little dirt there, but never to the extend that it was a real problem, just the kind of ski over exposure. Woods, had tons of powder in them. Over all, great day. As stated, Mad River Glen, get it while you can!

IMG_1850.JPG IMG_1848.jpg IMG_1843.JPG IMG_1842.JPG

xwhaler

Looks awesome. Just got to the hotel we have made base camp for the wknd up here. Will be at MRG in the AM! Sounds like u left some powder for us?!

Cornhead

Wow! Stunning pics, I'll be there first thing tomorrow with xwhaler, hope I can get a little sleep, thanks for the stoke!

MadMadWorld

The first picture looks like Creamery if they took down most of the regen ropes. If my guess is correct, I've never seen that trail look so good!

Indeed it is Creamery. And yea it usually is very windswept. My guess is that the snow was heavy and then sun kept the new snow from blowing around. Looks great