• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Wachusett 3.21.2013

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I have a few mobile phone pics I need to grab but I swung by Wachusett yesterday after work to get in about an hours worth of runs. Pretty much covered every trail on the map while I was there.

Overall, it was really nice. Amazing to see how great the conditions are in late March vs. what was there last year (i.e. nothing). It was dead too (between 5PM and about 6:30PM) so it was ski-on all day. Got first tracks down the freshly groomed 10th

They have moguls on both 10th and Smith right now. Both really icy and firm right now.

The rest of the mountain was soft. there was tracks in the woods pretty much everywhere I could see. I even skied down Roper's Road which I don't think I've ever done before.

A fun short day out. I hadn't skied in a while so it was good to get the legs warmed up again. This year has been really difficult with my son at home. Just haven't had the chance to get out much.

Looking forward now to this weekend at Sugarbush!

dmw

The Smith Walton bumps were gone today, they'd been there about 2 weeks. I hit the 10th bumps a few times and thought they weren't too hard or icy - then again I attempted them last week after the rain, so I'm comparing to absolutely horrible conditions. The Hitchcock bumps were tiny and weird but fun.

HD333

I hit Wa Wa Tuesday during the snow. The bumps on Smith were awesome. Tenth's bumps were just OK. I lapped Smith to whatever they call the trail that is below Tenth the whole time. Good last session at the mighty Wa Wa for me, unless I can sneak out on closing day.
They really do a good job for a little mountian in my opinion.