• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

TR Sunday River - 3/22

vinnyv11

So after leaving the loaf I headed the hour and a half to Sunday river for the next stop on the adventure. After getting up and checking out I headed over to the lodge and booted up. I was about 15 early for the lift so I had to wait but I was able to catch the second lift up from the white cap lodge. I had reached out to ridedeleware to meetup and he was working off of spruce peak so I figured I'd make my way over. I headed down wildfire to the barker lift. The legs were in need of stretching out and the groomed trails were fresh cord. Heading up the barker lift as I continued to work my way over. I skied past last tango which looked decent but I wanted to get over to spruce to meet up. I headed up the lift and saw he wasn't there so I decided to take a run down downdraft which was wall to wall bumps. They were in really good shape with soft bumps and it really got the legs going. After heading back up the lift I met up with ride and we took a nice cruiser run down American Express. It was nice as the snow was softening up and the skis were showing me how they can rip groomers. Heading up the lift ride he gave me the details on the mountain and pointed me over to Jordan bowl. After breaking off I headed over toward Jordan bowl and headed down vortex which had some nice pitch and great snow.

Heading up the lift I saw the celestial glades and I decided to check them out. I waited at the entrance for a minute for someone to head down and I headed down with them. The trees were soft with lots of snow to be had. It was nicely cut out with lots of options. A really fun run with great conditions still from the past storm. Heading up the lift I made my way more toward Jordan bowl and saw the flying monkey glades so I again waited for someone to drop in and headed down. This trail was interesting with a huge water pipe you had to go over to get on the trail. This was a little scraped off at the top with a couple sticks and some rocks. The trees were again cut out well with good options and good snow once you got part the first section. I headed down cyclone after that and ripped some turns to the lift.

The Jordan bowl is where the goods are at flat out. I headed down Excalibur to look for the new trail that ride mentioned. I found the entrance he referenced and made my way in to check it out. After going through the tigh entrance you are welcomed to beautiful cut trees with paths everywhere to take. I started making my way down which was a but tighter at top but opened up into paths everywhere with beautiful soft snow and powder to be had. This run was amazing and on the way down the guys from the loaf gave me a call to tell me they were there. So after skiing the rest of the way which felt like forever (awesome). I headed over to the lift and did a speed run down lollapalooza to the lodge. I met the guys and we had a great lunch at sliders. I didn't even realized it was 12 already as the skiing was so good.

After heading back up we lapped blind ambition glades and I showed the guys where the trail I hit was which they loved we skied soft snow and some leftover pow in hear for the whole day pretty much. It was absolutely awesome. While the section we were in was not for everyone I found the glades of blind ambition to be pretty accessible and a good place to learn. After skiing to the last chair at Jordan bowl around 3 we made our way back across the mountain hitting last tango on the way. I wish I would of hit this later because it was the first crunching I heard all day. We headed back up the lift and made our way down to the lodge we were parked. A great day with wonderful snow still to be had. Groomed trails were nice bumps were soft and the trees were incredible.

My impressions of the mountain is that its very accessible to all levels and has some really good terrain when there's snow. It has a Killington feel with the multiple peaks and size.

DA79FE5F-275A-4180-BEDF-B86FA8273A21.JPG

5032F44C-25DE-4313-8E68-C6A531CB7C05.JPG

B22C52E7-6F19-48FB-899F-508FA3D6D4A3.JPG

3BE7B5FC-44D0-41DE-8486-26DF5A37A7B1.JPG

BE5E9BE8-AEBE-43CB-B410-3E2C323CC53B.JPG

732537E1-9A20-4044-886E-F5F92342A3BA.JPG

EDA6638F-01A7-4A24-B9D4-1CEC72786B19.JPG

CBF4DC2D-071C-4EB6-8791-FA3EB0DBA91E.JPG

AD16FBF0-65E5-46D9-887D-F206CB48344F.JPG

4EC05C5C-4C40-456D-A62B-05B8F9992A3D.JPG

EF49E1F7-9A69-4CD0-ABB8-BE6851723BE6.JPG

15EAFC88-3E8A-451F-B1EB-6E15B5C4B167.JPG

964268C5-2FE8-4C37-AADE-5A2EB4CC3764.JPG

Edd

Great report. I haven't hit Blind Ambition since they expanded it but you've got me curious.