• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Anyone know Ski Club/houses near Mount Snow?

fluid164

I'm late to skiing, started a few years ago at 45 and I am safely hooked! I find though that I ski alone half the time since my family doesn't hold my passion. So, I thought joining a ski club with a house would be a good option.

I ski Windham, Bellayre, Hunter, but my favorite is Mount Snow (never did any other Vt slopes).

Anyone have a line on clubs that fit my generally newbie-affable-middling aged profile?

Clarkl23

Website
www.linehan-photography.com
I'm late to skiing, started a few years ago at 45 and I am safely hooked! I find though that I ski alone half the time since my family doesn't hold my passion. So, I thought joining a ski club with a house would be a good option.

I ski Windham, Bellayre, Hunter, but my favorite is Mount Snow (never did any other Vt slopes).

Anyone have a line on clubs that fit my generally newbie-affable-middling aged profile?

A good organization to try to find a club through would be the National Ski Council Federation. It's the national organization for many ski councils which are made up of ski clubs. The website is at www.skifederation.org and there is a page for councils in the East at www.skifederation.org/east.html. I'm a member of a club in the Eastern Inter-Club Ski League who's clubs have houses in the Mt. Washington Valley area. We're a bit more organized than some other councils in our club events, but there are councils in CT and NY with individual clubs that have houses in VT.

Clark

gmcunni

i have no affiliation but Sterling Ski Club ( out of stratford CT) has a house in West Brattleboro, VT (and one @ sugarbush north). not sure if that is close enough to MT Snow for you.

skifree

I would hook up with a ski house in killington.
Not much farther and better options all around .

fluid164

thanks for the tips, this yielded lots of good information!

Hawkshot99

Worcester ski club. They have a nice house a few miles down the road from mt snow. $50 to join for a single person then pay $20 per night to stay.

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Tapatalk 2

gmcunni

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com

gmcunni

Indeed they have. I am a member and have been helping them totally gut and rebuild the inside. It's enormous. I will be there Saturday if you want a look-see. Their Mt. Ellen house ain't nothing to sneeze at either.

is that a switch for you? for some reason i thought you belonged to (ran?) a club out of MA ???

steamboat1

15 min. from Pico & 25 to K. Sits on 22 acres right on the main road in the middle of town. Allows me just enough time to sip my Green Mt. hazel nut coffee on the drive.

attachment.php

Attachments

• house_edit-160x110-227x165.jpg
    house_edit-160x110-227x165.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

ScottySkis

Mount snow is nice for Catskills try one hill in Roxbry after snow. Also try north vermont places to little father travel but twice snow average and bigger bills with less people.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
is that a switch for you? for some reason i thought you belonged to (ran?) a club out of MA ???
I belong to two clubs now. Saves me mega bucks and gives me places to crash both in VT and NH. Not an uncommon strategy for wanderers such as I. And no, I don't plan to ski Mt. Slow too much.