Which ski area has the best Bar/Pub! - Page 7

AlpineZone

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by andyzee View Post
    Killington - Umbrella bar
    Killington U-Bar.JPG233056.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by steamboat1 View Post
    Tough to beat. It's got every element you could ask for in a ski bar........with the bonus of a retractable roof. K should put another one of them over at the base of Outer Limits.

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    Tough to beat. It's got every element you could ask for in a ski bar........with the bonus of a retractable roof. K should put another one of them over at the base of Outer Limits.
    Great just sitting there, taking a break with a beer and watching the skiing down Superstar and Ovation.

IMG_1763.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Puck it View Post
    And a picnic table too. Kinda buried right now though.
    It is on Bypass and that's my buddy Johns setup.Only charcoal allowed there he says.He brought that picnic table up there.He also was the one that brought a casket to the rock many years ago.
    SIKSKIER

Quote Originally Posted by SIKSKIER View Post
    It is on Bypass and that's my buddy Johns setup.Only charcoal allowed there he says.He brought that picnic table up there.He also was the one that brought a casket to the rock many years ago.
    How did he get it up there? And why a casket?
    Live, Ski or Die Trying!!!
    "Life is not measured by the numbers of breaths we take, but by the ski runs that take our breath away."

SKI THE EAST!!!!!!

And a picnic table too. Kinda buried right now though.
    I don't frequent Cannon often but have hung out at the picnic table. Nice spot with a beautiful view. If I remember right all one needed to do was bring food. Grill, charcoal & cooking utensils were all under the table already.

Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    Station taproom at Mount Snow! 18 of the best rotating micros on tap that you can ask for!
    It is a homer answer, but I agree. Nowhere I've been can compete with their beer list and rarities.

Quote Originally Posted by steamboat1 View Post
    Octagon bar on top of the quad at Stowe.
    I always liked that one too.

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    No, not all of them. Just teasing you on your love of Blue Moon. It (complete with cute orange slice) and Magic Hat #9 were the two most popular "micro-brews" among chicks when I was at UVM.
    Blue Moon is not a microbrew!! It is made by Coors!

Belgian Whites are not chick beers.
    I think they are! It is a great style and I still like them on a sunny day though, but they are definite chick-favorites for their sweetness and the oft-included fruit wedge.

I know it is not in the east, but in January, my wife and I had occasion to stop by the New Belgium Brewing Ranger Station pub at Snowmass. It is right on one of the trails!! Was fantastic.
    2014-15
    Mount Snow: 12/5, 12/6, 12/7, 12/20, 12/21, 1/10, 1/11, 1/24, 1/25, 1/31, 2/1, 2/7, 2/8, 2/21, 2/22, 2/28, 3/1, 3/7, 3/8, 3/15, 3/21, 3/22, 3/28, 3/29.

Total Days: 24 total (no April days, no vacation...baby #1 on the way in April!)

"Skiing's the easy part, Karl."

Quote Originally Posted by jaywbigred View Post
    It is a homer answer, but I agree. Nowhere I've been can compete with their beer list and rarities.

I always liked that one too.

Blue Moon is not a microbrew!! It is made by Coors!

I think they are! It is a great style and I still like them on a sunny day though, but they are definite chick-favorites for their sweetness and the oft-included fruit wedge.

I know it is not in the east, but in January, my wife and I had occasion to stop by the New Belgium Brewing Ranger Station pub at Snowmass. It is right on one of the trails!! Was fantastic.
    When it first came out, the label did say brewed by Coors. Blue Moon suffices when there are no others. Hooegarden is pretty good too. If you think they are chick beers then you have not had some of the good ones with high alcohol content.
    I brewed one that was around 8% and it was oat based. It was awesome!!!! Brewed a Scotch ale that was almost 10%!!!! Two 22's and you were not going any where.
    "Life is not measured by the numbers of breaths we take, but by the ski runs that take our breath away."

SKI THE EAST!!!!!!

Puck it, didn't know you were a brewer too. I haven't in a while, but brewed a lot back when all you could get was miller, bud, coors, pabst, etc.

Funniest thing heard in the Cannonball Pub two weekends ago; waitress "Would you like something to drink?" alex "Yes an HSA" waitress "How do you spell that?"
    <><><><><>

Skiing combines outdoor fun with knocking down trees with your face. ~Dave Barry

<><><><><>

Quote Originally Posted by bootladder View Post
    Puck it, didn't know you were a brewer too. I haven't in a while, but brewed a lot back when all you could get was miller, bud, coors, pabst, etc.

Funniest thing heard in the Cannonball Pub two weekends ago; waitress "Would you like something to drink?" alex "Yes an HSA" waitress "How do you spell that?"
    I used to brew my used to be fat brother in Nashua at Incribrew. It has been a while but still have all my bottles.

SKI THE EAST!!!!!!

Thread Information