• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Which ski area has the best Bar/Pub!

dmc

I'm from Hunter... The whole place is a bar right? :)

Hunter bar is more of a 60's version of apre ski... still.. Beer is good and I know the bar tenders so - I give it a 10.
And they let my band play every once and a while that's a good thing..

I do like the bar at MRG believe it or not..

octopus

snow bar @ ski sundown

i see a couple things i like at this bar:-D

563679_10200144013856092_2050990554_n.jpg
nice pic:-D back ground ftw

dlague

Definitely. The decor in the Castlerock Pub is nice, but it still feels like a basement bar; something I rather enjoy in cities, but not at a ski area.

I agree! In that vein, some resorts have a cheap restaurant feel like Wildcat and Attitash, but it is a bummer to not have the ski area bar feel!

I am not saying that about Castlerock! I still like their booths!

dlague

You got my choices...Bear Den and Sled Pub. I preferred Green Mountain Lounge @ Sugarbush North over Castlerock Pub.

And my wife says you forgot the Bag and Kettle at Sugarloaf....

I forgot the Mt Ellen side - Pine Tree Pub in the Village at Sugarbush is nice and dark!

Smellytele

I like to have a view from the bar which leaves out a few like the Bears Den which is kind of cool.
The Sled Pub is fun and is only 10 min from my house.
I actually liked the old setup for the bar at Cannon. Not the basement one but when it was right in the middle of the lodge. The new bar may have more room but they should have made it have high ceilings and windows looking out onto the mountain.

Puck it

I like to have a view from the bar which leaves out a few like the Bears Den which is kind of cool.
I actually liked the old setup for the bar at Cannon. Not the basement one but when it was right in the middle of the lodge. The new bar may have more room but they should have made it have high ceilings and windows looking out onto the mountain.

The deck had a great view on Saturday.

ScottySkis

+1 that is why I love platty bar the view of the steeps is amazing and beautiful.

SIKSKIER

There is no better bar than the one we build every year near the summit of Cannon.The "rock" is a victim of its own success as it has become too popular in my 40 years hanging around there.Even a fullsize grill with a 20 lb tank. Killer views of Stowe and Sugarbush and Jay off in the distance.

Attachments

• the boys at the rock.jpg
    the boys at the rock.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 129

Puck it

There is no better bar than the one we build every year near the summit of Cannon.The "rock" is a victim of its own success as it has become too popular in my 40 years hanging around there.Even a fullsize grill with a 20 lb tank. Killer views of Stowe and Sugarbush and Jay off in the distance.

It was prety crowded on Sat. as I skied by. People were spilling out onto Taft with chairs.

Scruffy

I'm partial to General Stark’s Pub for North East. The Hellroaring Saloon at Whitefish is a nice place to pull up a bar stool while on the mountain.