Where Should I ski Saturday?

AlpineZone

View Poll Results: Where should I ski Saturday?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gunstock

0 0%
  • Cannon

7 38.89%
  • Ragged

1 5.56%
  • Sunapee

2 11.11%
  • Other?

9 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Where Should I ski Saturday?

Trying to decide where to ski on Saturday. Thinking best combination of value/price, drive time from home, conditions (spring bumps please!), terrain variety, crowds. I enjoy variety and have been to Ragged and Gunstock 2x this season already so already I'm leaning towards Sunapee/Cannon. I wouldn't mind checking out Wildcat or Bretton Woods but a little far for a solo spring day trip.

What does everyone think?

The contenders are:
    Gunstock $22 after Liftopia credit 1 hr 5 mins from home
    Cannon $35 2 for 1 1 hr 40 mins
    Ragged $32 1 hr 20 mins
    Sunapee $41 1 hr 10 mins
    2018-19
    Wildcat 11/10

2017-2018 Days: 51
    2016-2017 Days: 51
    2015-2016 Days: 25
    2014-2015 Days: 36
    2013-2014 Days: 25
    2012-2013 Days: 16
    2011-2012 Days: 25
    2010-2011 Days: 24
    2009-2010 Days: 47

I'll be at Crotched. They are allowing all season pass holders to ski for free, even if your pass doesn't cover weekends.

All CM 2012-13 Season Passes including Midweek, Blue Skies @ Nite, Midnight Madness & 5/7 School will be accepted this weekend!
    Pass Holders may bring their friends & family members who do not have season passes for a special discounted lift ticket rate of $29. Friends & family members must be present with pass holder at Ticket Window in order to receive discounted rates.

I think it's tremendous that you have so many choices where to ski in early April that you have to ask others for feedback.

Quite a change from last year.

As for where to go, I'd pick Cannon even though it is furthest for you. I always go with the biggest mountain available and it looks like you have not been there this season.

Bretton Woods is $29 dollars for the rest of the season.... a little further but conditions look to be very good there right now.

I picked Ragged and Sunapee for you but if Cannon is in good shape that would be a sweet choice. I was at Ragged last Saturday and there was a whole of snow left on the mountain. I haven't been to Sunapee yet this year but it is a lot of fun in the spring when the crowds lighten up (make sure you wax though.)

Make a trip to Jay. From What I've seen and heard conditions are pretty all-time for April skiing.

If you are hoping for bumps, Sunapee only has 2 partial, short bump runs. Neither is very steep. Despite the fact that sunapee is 35 minutes from my house, and I have a free ticket that I still need to use, I am going to make the 2+ hour trek to Wildcat!

Cannon. The conditions there are great right now (100% open). The Front Five are just awesome in the afternoon with bumps on Zoomer, Gary's, and Paulie's.

Not sure what you are looking for or what type of skier! If you are looking for more difficult terrain - then go to Cannon! If Ragged, Gunstock or Sunapee are suitable then go the Bretton woods for $29 even though it is not on your list!

We were there (BW) on Sunday and the conditions were great! The glades there are nothing to write home about but they were in great shape! We were also at Ragged on Saturday and everything was great there too!

We are heading to VT - lots of nice conditions everywhere! Excellent stuff for early April!
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

2016-2017 target - 50

If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

Cannon. For no good reason
    Free Stickers - e-mail your address to nick@alpinezone.com.

Check AZ out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo and Google+

Get AZ on your mobile phone!

Thread Information