• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Which ski area has the best Bar/Pub!

Puck it

It is on Bypass and that's my buddy Johns setup.Only charcoal allowed there he says.He brought that picnic table up there.He also was the one that brought a casket to the rock many years ago.:-D

How did he get it up there? And why a casket?

steamboat1

And a picnic table too. Kinda buried right now though.

I don't frequent Cannon often but have hung out at the picnic table. Nice spot with a beautiful view. If I remember right all one needed to do was bring food. Grill, charcoal & cooking utensils were all under the table already.

jaywbigred

Station taproom at Mount Snow! 18 of the best rotating micros on tap that you can ask for!
It is a homer answer, but I agree. Nowhere I've been can compete with their beer list and rarities.

Octagon bar on top of the quad at Stowe.
I always liked that one too.

No, not all of them. Just teasing you on your love of Blue Moon. It (complete with cute orange slice) and Magic Hat #9 were the two most popular "micro-brews" among chicks when I was at UVM.
Blue Moon is not a microbrew!! It is made by Coors!

Belgian Whites are not chick beers.
I think they are! It is a great style and I still like them on a sunny day though, but they are definite chick-favorites for their sweetness and the oft-included fruit wedge.

I know it is not in the east, but in January, my wife and I had occasion to stop by the New Belgium Brewing Ranger Station pub at Snowmass. It is right on one of the trails!! Was fantastic.

Puck it

It is a homer answer, but I agree. Nowhere I've been can compete with their beer list and rarities.

I always liked that one too.

Blue Moon is not a microbrew!! It is made by Coors!

I think they are! It is a great style and I still like them on a sunny day though, but they are definite chick-favorites for their sweetness and the oft-included fruit wedge.

I know it is not in the east, but in January, my wife and I had occasion to stop by the New Belgium Brewing Ranger Station pub at Snowmass. It is right on one of the trails!! Was fantastic.

When it first came out, the label did say brewed by Coors. Blue Moon suffices when there are no others. Hooegarden is pretty good too. If you think they are chick beers then you have not had some of the good ones with high alcohol content.
I brewed one that was around 8% and it was oat based. It was awesome!!!! Brewed a Scotch ale that was almost 10%!!!! Two 22's and you were not going any where.

bootladder

Puck it, didn't know you were a brewer too. I haven't in a while, but brewed a lot back when all you could get was miller, bud, coors, pabst, etc.

Funniest thing heard in the Cannonball Pub two weekends ago; waitress "Would you like something to drink?" alex "Yes an HSA" waitress "How do you spell that?"

Puck it

Puck it, didn't know you were a brewer too. I haven't in a while, but brewed a lot back when all you could get was miller, bud, coors, pabst, etc.

Funniest thing heard in the Cannonball Pub two weekends ago; waitress "Would you like something to drink?" alex "Yes an HSA" waitress "How do you spell that?"

I used to brew my used to be fat brother in Nashua at Incribrew. It has been a while but still have all my bottles.

Cannonball

Wait, what? Assuming I'm the Alex in this story, who are you? Chris?

polski

Website
twitter.com
Admittedly biased toward MRG but will note one of the great things about Gen. Stark's Pub is the (usual) availability of Lawson's Finest Liquids on draft - brewed in nearby Warren by the head of MRG's naturalist program, and only available very locally.

Good reasonably priced food too there including some tasty healthy options. One limitation is the windows on the front aren't big enough for a great view of the main mountain but this is addressed in the proposed Base Area Master Plan.

On warm spring afternoons the deck out front is one of the greatest places on Earth.

jaywbigred

When it first came out, the label did say brewed by Coors. Blue Moon suffices when there are no others. Hooegarden is pretty good too. If you think they are chick beers then you have not had some of the good ones with high alcohol content.
I brewed one that was around 8% and it was oat based. It was awesome!!!! Brewed a Scotch ale that was almost 10%!!!! Two 22's and you were not going any where.

I don't judge a beer's chick status by abv, I judge it by taste and how often chicks drink it. Carton Boat Beer and Founders All Day IPA are two IPAs with abv in the 4s but I would never call them chick beers.

I've been brewing almost two years but haven't tried the Belgian white as a style.

Oh, and Hoegarden is technically a amBev product now, no?

Cannonball

No, I'm Alex.
Cripes, am I subconsciously stealing identities again?! I know my name is Jason. B...Bour....can't remember the last piece.

I just got into homebrewing. I've made some solidly mediocre beers so far, so I'm pretty stoked about that.
Micro-mediocre brews still sell. The important question is do you have an intriguing name and label? Something slightly risque will cover up several taste points. Try "Squirrel's Nut Zipper" or "That's What She Said". A dog on the label wins points over tastes also. How about "Chocolate Lab Stout"?

I don't judge a beer's chick status by abv, I judge it by taste and how often chicks drink it. Carton Boat Beer and Founders All Day IPA are two IPAs with abv in the 4s but I would never call them chick beers.
If you can raise the abv while still getting chicks to like the taste and drink it frequently...you have brewed the brew to fill the holy grail. Unfortunately so far the holy grail has continually been found to contain Mike's Hard Lemonade

drjeff

If you can raise the abv while still getting chicks to like the taste and drink it frequently...you have brewed the brew to fill the holy grail. Unfortunately so far the holy grail has continually been found to contain Mike's Hard Lemonade

Southern Tier Crème Brulée Stout fits that bill! Damn easy to drink, sweet enough that even most casual female beer drinkers like it, and at 9.6% ABV its got some kick too it in a "stealthy" Mike's Hard Lemonade/Woodchuck Cider/ Smirnoff Ice kind of way ;) :beer:

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
Southern Tier Crème Brulée Stout fits that bill! Damn easy to drink, sweet enough that even most casual female beer drinkers like it, and at 9.6% ABV its got some kick too it in a "stealthy" Mike's Hard Lemonade/Woodchuck Cider/ Smirnoff Ice kind of way ;) :beer:

Sounds like panty peeler, if I've ever heard it.

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
Micro-mediocre brews still sell. The important question is do you have an intriguing name and label? Something slightly risque will cover up several taste points. Try "Squirrel's Nut Zipper" or "That's What She Said". A dog on the label wins points over tastes also. How about "Chocolate Lab Stout"?

I was thinking something with a bear and a halo, but I like your idea much better. I probably don't even have to brew a chocolate flavored stout and it would sell well.

SIKSKIER

How did he get it up there? And why a casket?
The casket was from the no more Village House restaraunt in Franconia.They used it every St.Pats day like an irish funeral and people posed inside it.It turned into a running joke to steal it and bring it somebodys house and leave it.He brought it up the on the tramway and dragged it down to the rock with a rope on either end.Later that day they made it all the way to the bottom using the same method.When I got to my ski house at that time in Franconia later that night,I found it on my downstairs bar!Not sure where it ended up now.