• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Snowbird 3/29/13

4aprice

Our trip to Utah this year has been fun. After a cold start to the week it has become progressivley warmer and no new snow (bummer) so while it has not been as spectacular as some past seasons its still a hell of a lot of fun. We mostly ski BCC and LCC but did get over to Canyons yesterday which was fun but lies at a pretty low elevation and was really warm. Today we stayed in LCC and Snowbird where one can stay up fairly high and had maybe the best day of the season (and I've had some good ones this year, see TR's). Skied with the boy who is doing some amazing stuff. Mostly stayed up on Cloud Nine where he was accessing the highest up gate on the bowl wall to the right of the chair moving around a Rocky vein (don't know what else one would call it) then hiking up about 500 vertical feet to get some pretty fresh snow. Pretty impressive stuff. For myself it wasn't hiking, though, I took pictures and videos but, skied some very fun bumps below what the boy was hiking to called Hoops, and some nice little tree shots entered into via access gates, Gadzooks, Black Forest and S.T.H. off of Gad II. Snowbird is just such an awesome place, so much good stuff that would be hard to cover in a season let alone a week. Not a very forgiving mountain which is why its my wife's least favorite out here and my sons favorite. The wife did not ski today.(sounds worse then it is as she's a trooper). Pretty beat up and sore from today but in a good way and looking forward to the Hot Tub tonight.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

thetrailboss

Staff member
Damn wish I had gone to the 'bird today...I would have skied with you. I had a ticket to Deer Valley that I had to use and it was a very nice spring day there. Was it snowing/raining at Snowbird first thing this AM?

4aprice

Damn wish I had gone to the 'bird today...I would have skied with you. I had a ticket to Deer Valley that I had to use and it was a very nice spring day there. Was it snowing/raining at Snowbird first thing this AM?

Never saw any rain at SB, only flurries and very brief at that. Someday we'll catch up with you TB. We go out every year. As soon as the school calander is released the condo is put on hold.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ