• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Lodging in Rutland?

Bandit2941

If you're going to ski in the spring you'll have plenty of options on the access road. One that I found last year is the Hillside Inn, towards the bottom of the access road. The rooms are regular motel rooms but have been recently remodeled with all new furnishings (certainly not the most luxurious, but they're new) and the rooms have kitchenettes. It's pretty cheap too, like $60-$70 early/late season.

Further up the access road the Northstar Lodge and Summit Lodge are also nice, with more amenities but also a bit more expensive.

thetrailboss

Staff member
It's funny that the Rutland culinary discussion is limited mainly to the 99, Burger King, and Applebee's. I miss the Weathervane. And Table 24 is just OK in my book. Good for Rutland.

Last edited:

steamboat1

Royal Hearthside was good in it's heyday. I miss Sawdi's a few miles north in Pittsford.

Nowdays mostly go up to Brandon. Either Cafe Province or Sully's (aka. Patricia's).

skiersleft

Best restaurants in Rutland are Little Harry's and Roots. They're pretty good. Three Tomatoes is not bad.

Regarding hotels, I agree on the Holiday Inn being solid. I've also stayed a couple of times at the Comfort Inn in Trolley Square (Allen St) and it's good. Not as good as Holiday Inn, but good. I book both via Hotwire. You can figure out which hotel it is by looking at amenities. Check out betterbidding.com for help figuring out which Hotwire or Priceline hotel you're looking at.

I second Hillside Inn on the Access Road.

Good luck!

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Best restaurants in Rutland are Little Harry's and Roots. They're pretty good. Three Tomatoes is not bad.

Regarding hotels, I agree on the Holiday Inn being solid. I've also stayed a couple of times at the Comfort Inn in Trolley Square (Allen St) and it's good. Not as good as Holiday Inn, but good. I book both via Hotwire. You can figure out which hotel it is by looking at amenities. Check out betterbidding.com for help figuring out which Hotwire or Priceline hotel you're looking at.

I second Hillside Inn on the Access Road.

Good luck!

Forgot about Roots, good place to eat but very small.

Stache

Website
WWW.SKIWITHSTACHE.COM
USED to stay at Comfort Inn for ten years. Had a great deal worked out with the sales manager. Knew most all of the staff by name and they knew mine. New owners this year and,as has already been mentioned, the customer service has gone right out the window with the smell of the curry cooking. I now stay at Turn of River Lodge (very old school bunk house in basement, nice rooms upstairs) for both my work weekends teaching skiing and for my fun weekends skiing with my daughter.

abc

USED to stay at Comfort Inn for ten years. Had a great deal worked out with the sales manager. Knew most all of the staff by name and they knew mine. New owners this year and,as has already been mentioned, the customer service has gone right out the window with the smell of the curry cooking.
Sad to hear that.

It WAS my favorite place to stay (value for money)