• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Areas Still Open Spring 2013

tonaldo

Most hills are shutting down by the 14th but Bretton Woods is running a nice deal for Patriot's Day (4/15):

Bretton Woods will be closing the alpine ski area for the season after Monday, April 15, 2013, and would like to invite everyone to join us on Patriot's Day, as we celebrate another great season with all-ages lift tickets just $17.76!
PLUS - all those who purchase tickets that day will receive a voucher for a complimentary lift ticket valid this fall, prior to Christmas Day, 2013, at Bretton Woods!

deadheadskier

Staff member
Most hills are shutting down by the 14th but Bretton Woods is running a nice deal for Patriot's Day (4/15):

Bretton Woods will be closing the alpine ski area for the season after Monday, April 15, 2013, and would like to invite everyone to join us on Patriot's Day, as we celebrate another great season with all-ages lift tickets just $17.76!
PLUS - all those who purchase tickets that day will receive a voucher for a complimentary lift ticket valid this fall, prior to Christmas Day, 2013, at Bretton Woods!

hmmmm, unless the weather is awful, this is definitely on my radar.

catskills

Belleayre says

"We have a ridiculous amount of terrain
open and conditions are amazing! We will be open through Sunday April 7. The mountain will close April 8, 9, 10 and reopen the 11th through the 14th. "

ScottySkis

Belleayre says

"We have a ridiculous amount of terrain
open and conditions are amazing! We will be open through Sunday April 7. The mountain will close April 8, 9, 10 and reopen the 11th through the 14th. "

How much are lift tickets?

abc

How much are lift tickets?
I don't see any deal on lift tickets. So I'm looking at Platty instead.

Platty is running a $15 deal for the first 100, and $30 for anyone who ski both days, early riser or not. liftopia also have the $15 deal for either days for the late risers too. ;-)

ScottySkis

I don't see any deal on lift tickets. So I'm looking at Platty instead.

Platty is running a $15 deal for the first 100, and $30 for anyone who ski both days, early riser or not. liftopia also have the $15 deal for either days for the late risers too. ;-)

You should go, will be fun, did you look the trip report for Platty,I hear their pushing for next weekend to, that late for Platty will be a first, if I get my car back from the shop tomorrow I might go on Sunday.

57stevey

Hmmm, let me think about this for a nanosecond. OK I'm in :)

MadPatSki

Website
madpatski.wordpress.com
106 are still open in the East from Thunder Bay ON to Labrador then down to Virginia. It's the ultimate list - took me a few hours to research and compile.

48 of them in Quebec. Complete list is in my blog post (I won't spam it here - check the link on the closing thread).

Over half the areas are calling this weekend their last, so go out and ski.

Conrad

Website
www.youtube.com
106 are still open in the East from Thunder Bay ON to Labrador then down to Virginia. It's the ultimate list - took me a few hours to research and compile.

48 of them in Quebec. Complete list is in my blog post (I won't spam it here - check the link on the closing thread).

Over half the areas are calling this weekend their last, so go out and ski.

I think you made a mistake with Sugarloaf. I mean how can they be closing April 14 if their season pass-holders bbq is scheduled for April 21?

MadPatSki

Website
madpatski.wordpress.com
I think you made a mistake with Sugarloaf. I mean how can they be closing April 14 if their season pass-holders bbq is scheduled for April 21?

That's what I thought when I first saw the date; I've seen it somewhere on their website and it has been mentioned online. So the date is out there, but I also hope its a mistake.

Going skiing now, have a nice weekend.

polski

Website
twitter.com
Yeah, no way the Loaf is done next weekend. From their snow report today (on how today is too cold for corn): "We're well into April, but we've got plenty of snow to last for weeks to come, and these nice cool days are just the trick for keeping the mountain white and coverage vast."

polski

Website
twitter.com
I'm avoiding the closings thread so apologies if these are already noted there, but MRG's morning report says both that today is their last day and "We May try and re-open for next weekend - stay tuned we'll make the call on Wednesday!"

Weather doesn't look too promising early this week but NWS-Burlington discussion this morning does say:

ALL OF THIS POINTS TO PERSISTENT FOCUSINGMECHANISMS FOR PRECIPITATION ACROSS MUCH OF THE AREA WEDNESDAYTHROUGH FRIDAY NIGHT. MAJORITY OF THE PRECIPITATION SHOULD BE INTHE FORM OF RAIN...BUT THERE MAY BE SOME PERIODS WHERE THE HIGHERELEVATIONS PICK UP SOME SNOW.

bdfreetuna

Damn a lot of places closed today. WTF is up with closing with 90% terrain still open?

Didn't these ski areas want a decent spring skiing season? Apparently it makes no difference to areas unless they are Killington and devoted to staying open as late as possible.

ScottySkis

Damn a lot of places closed today. WTF is up with closing with 90% terrain still open?

Didn't these ski areas want a decent spring skiing season? Apparently it makes no difference to areas unless they are Killington and devoted to staying open as late as possible.
If no one is spending money, they have to close, I love like everyone else for them still be open but then your talking more bankrupt places, and no one wants that.

tekweezle

Just skied Stratton this weekend. While the weather was a little tricky, coverage on the trails was wall to wall and midwinter like.

Weather was spring like though so we got frozen hardpack in morning and mashed potatoes in the afternoon.

Only disappointment was that they closed the sun bowl area and lifts with what looked like full coverage. Maybe they didn't have the staff to cover it.

Should last another week unless there's a massive warm up.

Sent from a Samsung Fascinate running CM 10.1

dlague

Maybe they didn't have the staff to cover it.

Same thing at Bolton Valley, however, I was talking to a manager at Bolton Valley and one of the problems they face are the employees leaving to find summer jobs! Many of the employees - obvoiusly - are not year round and the amount of business does not warrant it either! Many resorts are hanging in there and taking a shot at one more weekend. Of course there are the big boys who will play into May!

Angus

sunapee has tons of snow and easy access to metro boston and they close next sunday...easily could go to pats day but no one was there on sunday...cold and frozen in am and soft and sunny in pm...great day overall with family.